• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Well, to cut a long story short, my wife went to get dinner while I was heading back from work. We needed to eat fast - she went to a chippy and was told they only had one cod and she'd have to wait for another. No can do, we were in a hurry, so she got the cod for herself, and for me...

...Rock Salmon.

I don't even know what the hell that is. What I can tell you is that it doesn't taste too good.

At least the chips were nice.

Well, to cut a long story short, my wife went to get dinner while I was heading back from work. We needed to eat fast - she went to a chippy and was told they only had one cod and she'd have to wait for another. No can do, we were in a hurry, so she got the cod for herself, and for me...

...Rock Salmon.

I don't even know what the hell that is. What I can tell you is that it doesn't taste too good.

At least the chips were nice.

Sorry man - that sounds terrible.

Dammit, I just looked on Wikipedia:

Rock salmon, also called rock eel, flake, and huss, is a dish popular in England.

The dish can be one of many species of small shark, including the spiny dogfish (Squalus acanthias) or the bull huss (Scyliorhinus stellaris).

Rock salmon is consumed in many European countries and is often sold by fish and chip shops in the UK. However, the spiny dogfish is now an endangered species due to overfishing, and is classed as Vulnerable on the IUCN Redlist and the North East Atlantic population as Critically Endangered.

Not tasty AND endangered. Bad scenes all round.

A plea to Comicopolis: eat something green mate, you are too old to eat all that mess in one day and live! :baiting:

Green things don't taste good. (shrug)