• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Any boardies ever get a Marvel UK book slabbed by CGC? Presumably they would fit in the magazine size holder? And, if so would the free gift if present be included in the slab, (the Cap Britain mask for example) ? I know that certs of authenticity etc aren't usually encased, but would the free gift be classed as an integral part?

If you have any slabbed UK Marvels, I'd love to see some scans.

Thanks.

I've not seen any Marvel UK books slabbed and if they did accept them for encasing, I'm sure that they wouldn't accept them with the free gifts. I've got a feeling that they've made a statement to this effect in the past but I can't remember where I've seen it.

Any boardies ever get a Marvel UK book slabbed by CGC? Presumably they would fit in the magazine size holder? And, if so would the free gift if present be included in the slab, (the Cap Britain mask for example) ? I know that certs of authenticity etc aren't usually encased, but would the free gift be classed as an integral part?

Thanks.

I've not seen any Marvel UK books slabbed and if they did accept them for encasing, I'm sure that they wouldn't accept them with the free gifts. I've got a feeling that they've made a statement to this effect in the past but I can't remember where I've seen it.

Actually, CGC has and does slab them and will slab them with free gifts as long as they are firmly attached and not freefloating. Therefore, if it physically still part of the book and won't damage it when it is mooshed in the slab, you're fine to send it in. (thumbs u

Thanks.

Actually, CGC has and does slab them and will slab them with free gifts as long as they are firmly attached and not freefloating. Therefore, if it physically still part of the book and won't damage it when it is mooshed in the slab, you're fine to send it in. (thumbs u

Thanks for the info. Got any scans anyone? :popcorn:

Thanks.

I thought the reason they wouldn't slab with a free gift was because of potential damage once slabbed. (shrug)

I guess it depends what the free gift is. The mask that came with Captain Britain would be OK but I'm not so sure about the boomerang thingy.

i get my usual Beano nnual, been given 1 for the last 30 xmas's

Is the style of story in the modern Beano similar to how it was 30 years ago or has it changed/evolved much?

i get my usual Beano nnual, been given 1 for the last 30 xmas's

Is the style of story in the modern Beano similar to how it was 30 years ago or has it changed/evolved much?

I don't think anyone will be getting the slipper or the cane anymore. (shrug)

its alot more modern in storys now which is a shame as a kid i loved it as it was pure rascalness and cheeky, now its gotta be careful what it puts due to the PC of this world, like bat says stuff like slipper has been removed as its against cruelty, its a damn shame