• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will these GA minor keys go above guide in the MARCH Comiclink auction?

24 posts in this topic

I posted this in the 'What are the top 5 GA books that command the highest % premium over guide??? ' . It generated no interest, so I thought I'd create a new thread dedicated to it.

In the upcoming Comiclink MARCH Auction, there are many minor key issues being offered. Does anyone predict these to go over guide?

RADAB82D2009112_133038.jpg

ADVENTURE COMICS #40

1939, The Sandman begins

Condition: CGC 1.5 FRG

Page Quality: Cream to Off-White Pages

Type of Holder: Universal

Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored

RAD189502009112_133159.jpg

ADVENTURE COMICS #61

1941, Starman 1st appearance

Condition: CGC 3.0 GVG

Page Quality: White Pages

RADE407B2009112_133342.jpg

ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #16

1940, 1st Green Lantern & Origin! ...

Condition: CGC 2.0 GD

Type of Holder: Restored

Degree Of Restoration: Slight Amateur Restoration

CGC Grading Comments: Includes: small amount of color touch on cover, piece reattached to cover (Moderate amount of tape on interior)

RAD8C5B52009112_134835.jpg

ALL STAR COMICS #8

1941, 1st Wonder Woman & Origin!

Condition: CGC 2.5 GD+

RADA170A2009112_133547.jpg

MORE FUN COMICS #52

1940, 1st Spectre and Origin

Condition: CGC 6.0 FN

Page Quality: Off-White to White Pages

Degree Of Restoration: Extensive Professional Restoration

CGC Grading Comments: Includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned, interior lightened, reinforced

On ebay or even in Heritage I wouldn't think any of these would sell for guide, let alone over guide. But with Comiclink you never know. They have an amazing ability to getting more for books than any other venue. And with the spectacular failure of the 7.0 Adventure 40 to perform last year at Heritage, I think anyone who pays over guide for that 1.5 is a fool. The Adventure 61 and All-Star 8 are dogs outside of the isolated world of these boards, and the MF 52 is restored.

Actually I love Comiclink but their GA auction sales have been soft generally speaking, just look at the Allentown Cap #6, GL#1, etc. They may have the best SA clientelle around but the GA guys have yet to catch on like they have at Heritage.

I posted this in the 'What are the top 5 GA books that command the highest % premium over guide??? ' . It generated no interest, so I thought I'd create a new thread dedicated to it.

In the upcoming Comiclink MARCH Auction, there are many minor key issues being offered. Does anyone predict these to go over guide?

RADAB82D2009112_133038.jpg

ADVENTURE COMICS #40

1939, The Sandman begins

Condition: CGC 1.5 FRG

RAD189502009112_133159.jpg

ADVENTURE COMICS #61

1941, Starman 1st appearance

Condition: CGC 3.0 GVG

Page Quality: White Pages

RADE407B2009112_133342.jpg

ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #16

1940, 1st Green Lantern & Origin! ...

Condition: CGC 2.0 GD

Degree Of Restoration: Slight Amateur Restoration

CGC Grading Comments: Includes: small amount of color touch on cover, piece reattached to cover (Moderate amount of tape on interior)

RAD8C5B52009112_134835.jpg

ALL STAR COMICS #8

1941, 1st Wonder Woman & Origin!

Condition: CGC 2.5 GD+

RADA170A2009112_133547.jpg

MORE FUN COMICS #52

1940, 1st Spectre and Origin

Condition: CGC 6.0 FN

Page Quality: Off-White to White Pages

Degree Of Restoration: Extensive Professional Restoration

CGC Grading Comments: Includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned, interior lightened, reinforced

On ebay or even in Heritage I wouldn't think any of these would sell for guide, let alone over guide. But with Comiclink you never know. They have an amazing ability to getting more for books than any other venue. And with the spectacular failure of the 7.0 Adventure 40 to perform last year at Heritage, I think anyone who pays over guide for that 1.5 is a fool. The Adventure 61 and All-Star 8 are dogs outside of the isolated world of these boards, and the MF 52 is restored.

Actually I love Comiclink but their GA auction sales have been soft generally speaking, just look at the Allentown Cap #6, GL#1, etc. They may have the best SA clientelle around but the GA guys have yet to catch on like they have at Heritage.

oh, I don't know...$85K+ for the AA 16...$150K for the Cap 1....$36K for the Marvel 1 KC....and there are countless other examples of CL doing well with GA.... now, for the lower and mid range, who knows...Heritage doesn't do that great with them either (their last Nov auction had a TON of GA bargains)

Good point but the Cap #1 and AA#16 are books that might come around every 5-7 years so I think they would do well anywhere. I do think These low grade DC keys will do very well as the target market for these is likely much bigger than the two books I mentioned above. I'm still at a lost at how that nice GL#1 went for so cheap though.

Good point but the Cap #1 and AA#16 are books that might come around every 5-7 years so I think they would do well anywhere. I do think These low grade DC keys will do very well as the target market for these is likely much bigger than the two books I mentioned above. I'm still at a lost at how that nice GL#1 went for so cheap though.
(shrug)