• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will these GA minor keys go above guide in the MARCH Comiclink auction?

24 posts in this topic

I posted this in the 'What are the top 5 GA books that command the highest % premium over guide??? ' . It generated no interest, so I thought I'd create a new thread dedicated to it.

In the upcoming Comiclink MARCH Auction, there are many minor key issues being offered. Does anyone predict these to go over guide?

RADAB82D2009112_133038.jpg

ADVENTURE COMICS #40

1939, The Sandman begins

Condition: CGC 1.5 FRG

Page Quality: Cream to Off-White Pages

Type of Holder: Universal

Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored

RAD189502009112_133159.jpg

ADVENTURE COMICS #61

1941, Starman 1st appearance

Condition: CGC 3.0 GVG

Page Quality: White Pages

RADE407B2009112_133342.jpg

ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #16

1940, 1st Green Lantern & Origin! ...

Condition: CGC 2.0 GD

Type of Holder: Restored

Degree Of Restoration: Slight Amateur Restoration

CGC Grading Comments: Includes: small amount of color touch on cover, piece reattached to cover (Moderate amount of tape on interior)

RAD8C5B52009112_134835.jpg

ALL STAR COMICS #8

1941, 1st Wonder Woman & Origin!

Condition: CGC 2.5 GD+

RADA170A2009112_133547.jpg

MORE FUN COMICS #52

1940, 1st Spectre and Origin

Condition: CGC 6.0 FN

Page Quality: Off-White to White Pages

Degree Of Restoration: Extensive Professional Restoration

CGC Grading Comments: Includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned, interior lightened, reinforced

I posted this in the 'What are the top 5 GA books that command the highest % premium over guide??? ' . It generated no interest, so I thought I'd create a new thread dedicated to it.

In the upcoming Comiclink MARCH Auction, there are many minor key issues being offered. Does anyone predict these to go over guide?

ADVENTURE COMICS #40

1939, The Sandman begins

What's guide on this book? FMV?

With the exception of the Adventure 61, I'm not sure any of those are minor keys.

I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. If the first Wonder Woman, Spectre, Green Lantern, and Sandman are all minor keys, what in the world would a moderate key look like?

With the exception of the Adventure 61, I'm not sure any of those are minor keys.

I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. If the first Wonder Woman, Spectre, Green Lantern, and Sandman are all minor keys, what in the world would a moderate key look like?

(shrug)

72911.jpg.1402438773b62018c98da82fdbd9765c.jpg

:roflmao:

Poor Bill. No minds eye.

BTW I may have to bid on that Adv #40. I've been craving a Sandman book for some time now....

ADVENTURE COMICS #40

1939, The Sandman begins

RAD189502009112_133159.jpg

ADVENTURE COMICS #61

1941, Starman 1st appearance

Condition: CGC 3.0 GVG

Page Quality: White Pages

RADE407B2009112_133342.jpg

ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #16

1940, 1st Green Lantern & Origin! ...

Condition: CGC 2.0 GD

Degree Of Restoration: Slight Amateur Restoration

CGC Grading Comments: Includes: small amount of color touch on cover, piece reattached to cover (Moderate amount of tape on interior)

RAD8C5B52009112_134835.jpg

ALL STAR COMICS #8

1941, 1st Wonder Woman & Origin!

Condition: CGC 2.5 GD+

RADA170A2009112_133547.jpg

MORE FUN COMICS #52

1940, 1st Spectre and Origin

Condition: CGC 6.0 FN

Page Quality: Off-White to White Pages

Degree Of Restoration: Extensive Professional Restoration

CGC Grading Comments: Includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned, interior lightened, reinforced

On ebay or even in Heritage I wouldn't think any of these would sell for guide, let alone over guide. But with Comiclink you never know. They have an amazing ability to getting more for books than any other venue. And with the spectacular failure of the 7.0 Adventure 40 to perform last year at Heritage, I think anyone who pays over guide for that 1.5 is a fool. The Adventure 61 and All-Star 8 are dogs outside of the isolated world of these boards, and the MF 52 is restored.

Sadly, yes, they are second-tier keys. No one knows outside of the hobby knows who the Sandman or Spectre are anymore, and Wonder Woman is a distant second to Superman and Batman.

And with restoration on some of these books...fuggedaboutit.

Thegoldenage.... are you going to be set up in NY?... I was going to ask you directly via PM, but you have me on ignore? (so not even sure if you can read this) but I would still like to meet you anyway... your knowledge of GA is impressive...

Sadly, yes, they are second-tier keys. No one knows outside of the hobby knows who the Sandman or Spectre are anymore, and Wonder Woman is a distant second to Superman and Batman.

Second tier may be accurate, but "minor" is a gross misrepresentation of the facts. The first Deathlok is a minor key. Not the first Wonder Woman. The first Blue Bolt is a minor key, not the first Green Lantern.

Second tier may be accurate, but "minor" is a gross misrepresentation of the facts. The first Deathlok is a minor key. Not the first Wonder Woman. The first Blue Bolt is a minor key, not the first Green Lantern.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

I tend to agree too... not "minor" but definitely viewed second tier by the general public... of course, die hard GA fans like ciorac and me, etc, love these type books...but, how far does that love go (shrug)

Well said. Sadly tho, they don't usually sell for guide, especially in low/restored grades.

its all semantics, no? Depends on how many tiers and how many you feel make up each level. Of the GA keys, they are all second tier. But of all GA comics they are clearly all big keys.

Same with SA. TTA27 is a minor key compared to FF and Spidey. But compared to the 1000s of SA marvels, def in the top 5% of all Marvels, so its def a key.

all depends on where you are looking at it from.

First Solomon Grundy or Boy Commandos would def be a minor key.

Well said. Sadly tho, they don't usually sell for guide, especially in low/restored grades.

I'm hoping that is the case for these copies :wishluck:

:wishluck:

:wishluck:

If less than guide I could always do with a reading copy :baiting:

:jokealert: