• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED BUT TAKING OFFERS - Gold low to mid grade Superman, Batman, horror, crime

104 posts in this topic

Dale Evans #4 – this one is tough to grade, I would give it a qualified (green label) 8.0 because it has very slight chipping on bottom edge of cover and 1/4" chip on back cover, it has great eye appeal – I am asking $80

raw_070.jpg

And here is a Baker book:

Pictorial Romances #7 – 4.0 - $40 - Matt Baker cover, minor pencil marks on back cover, name in pencil on first page

raw_144.jpg

Did you PM JvR11 on this one? If not, you should. (thumbs u

Dang!!! I missed it, I guess that's what I get for sleeping!! Thanks for looking out for me Scrooge

Me too.

:cry:

Me three. :sorry:

OK, what am I missing here? Why did 4 people want this book I priced at basically full guide? I know the winner wanted it for the playing cards, and someone wanted it for the redhead cover. Are there other reasons this one is so popular? The Baker cover?

I wanted it, but not at full guide and they wanted it because I wanted it? (shrug):grin:

Probably the Baker art...

I wanted it for the Baker art. I collect St. John romance.

Oh I know but I generally don't check guide or GPA anymore when buying Baker books. If it's a great cover and I can afford it at the time I usually take it regardless of price.

As a generalization I don't think they all fetch the same multiples...some are more desirable than others...depends on how risque the cover is.

R.

Oh I know but I generally don't check guide or GPA anymore when buying Baker books. If it's a great cover and I can afford it at the time I usually take it regardless of price.

As a generalization I don't think they all fetch the same multiples...some are more desirable than others...depends on how risque the cover is.

R.

Correct (thumbs u

Baker babes :devil:

That's why I don't think this was a multiple of guide book. It was fairly clean although I do love the gypsy like colorful clothing. Very pretty.

Probably not Roy.....

BTW - my comment wasn't directed at you personally, just the book/thread in general.

I've been watching these books on ebay for years, and being like some, I don't like to pay more than guide. But quite a few over the years do go for more than strictly graded guide. I've seen strictly graded VGs go for FN/VFN prices. And GDs go for VG. I know...I've lost my share of auctions.

I picked up the Giant with the prostitute cover this past year at a show and of course had to pay more than guide for that. :banana:

Been looking a long time

these St John Baker books typically sell for more than guide :gossip:

For the record, my 3 year old guide said $34 for vg (4.0).

I knew Baker was popular, so I asked $40 (120% guide) and it sold.

Guess I should have asked 200% guide :jokealert: I would have if it was high grade, but it wasn't

Now I've got a lot of other great books listed here at LESS than guide ..........

I need to sell some more of these books. PM me what you are interested in and we can probably work something out. I don't have much experience pricing golden age, I don't know what sells for 50%, 75%, 100%, 150% and 200% of guide (although I've got a clue)

PM me what interests you and we will work out a price (thumbs u