• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED BUT TAKING OFFERS - Gold low to mid grade Superman, Batman, horror, crime

104 posts in this topic

And here is a Baker book:

Pictorial Romances #7 – 4.0 - $40 - Matt Baker cover, minor pencil marks on back cover, name in pencil on first page

raw_144.jpg

Did you PM JvR11 on this one? If not, you should. (thumbs u

Dang!!! I missed it, I guess that's what I get for sleeping!! Thanks for looking out for me Scrooge

Me too.

:cry:

Me three. :sorry:

PM Sent!

Further details on the condition would be very helpful. Back cover scan?

OK, I am posting more pics of this one below. As you can see, this is basically a very solid book. The problem is that the original staples got pulled (cleanly) through the cover and someone thought it would be best to put a few new staples into the book. They also put some tape on the spine that was completely not needed. They should have never put tape on the book.

This book would have graded a 4.0 or 4.5 if the cover was attached and there were no extra staples or tape. It is still a tremendous copy with lots of cover gloss and great eye appeal. My advice to the new owner is to remove the extra staples and just enjoy it with the detached cover.

I am only asking $175, a true 4.0 with this kind of eye appeal would set you back a lot more.

crime_1.JPG

crime_2.JPG

crime_3.JPG

crime_4.JPG

crime_5.JPG

Pictorial Romances #7 – 4.0 - $40 - Matt Baker cover, minor pencil marks on back cover, name in pencil on first page

raw_144.jpg

Dang!!! I missed it, I guess that's what I get for sleeping!! Thanks for looking out for me Scrooge

Me too.

OK, what am I missing here? Why did 4 people want this book I priced at basically full guide? I know the winner wanted it for the playing cards, and someone wanted it for the redhead cover. Are there other reasons this one is so popular? The Baker cover?

raw_144.jpg

Me too.

OK, what am I missing here? Why did 4 people want this book I priced at basically full guide? I know the winner wanted it for the playing cards, and someone wanted it for the redhead cover. Are there other reasons this one is so popular? The Baker cover?

I wanted it, but not at full guide and they wanted it because I wanted it? (shrug):grin:

Probably the Baker art...

raw_144.jpg

Me too.

Because 1) Baker covers tend to go over Guide and 2) because they don't show up often (hence the over-Guide prices).