• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweet, sweet DC

58 posts in this topic

maybe a little bit,..I'm looking how the 12 cent box is aligned with the spine and I can see a slight angle,..still wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.

If I was going to reject that for the cut, I think I'd have to give up buying comics. Whatever it goes for, someone is going to end up with a lovely book. Doesn't mean to say that they won't end up losing their money in the long term, but they'll certainly make their friends swoon.

If I was going to reject that for the cut, I think I'd have to give up buying comics.

No! A slight miscut is a fate worse than death! My god if you even touched that book you'd lose ten years off of your life! Ignore how nice looking it is otherwise- you must obsess over its flaws! Remember- accentuate the negative!

Seriously, that is one sweet book.

If I was going to reject that for the cut, I think I'd have to give up buying comics.

No! A slight miscut is a fate worse than death!

Naaa, just worse then one that isn't miscut. thumbsup2.gif

Mis-cut? confused.gif

There is nothing wrong with this book... 893frustrated.gif

Rob's kidding I do believe - the point is that when you spend all your time looking for things to criticize, well, all you'll ever find is things to criticize. frown.gif

Looks like a sweet copy to me too! thumbsup2.gif

Mis-cut? confused.gif

There is nothing wrong with this book... 893frustrated.gif

Rob's kidding I do believe - the point is that when you spend all your time looking for things to criticize, well, all you'll ever find is things to criticize. frown.gif

Yes, drbanner is right, it was my small, sarcastic way to strike a blow against an invasion of obsessive, all-consuming negativity. Like I said, I think the book looks great.

Isn't that book angled and off-cut? It hurts my eyes... confused.gif

I suspect this guy has a scanner that isn't big enough to scan the whole slab at once. So when he lays it down, it's actually slightly tilted, because it is extending over the flat glass section of the scanner. Thus the skewed look of the resultant scan. It happens to me when I scan a slab, and I have to unskew it in photoshop to make it straight. That's my theory. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

why would a miss cut book make it less in value or make it where no one likes it i think its a prity nice book myself. 893blahblah.gif

Ironic coming from someone who can't even spell "pretty", no? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And JC, are you kidding? Seriously, you "would have" bid on that HH #1 in the Bronze forum but THIS is too miscut for you??

cuckoo.gif