• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweet, sweet DC

58 posts in this topic

When it comes to premium JLAs, it ain't Wilson that sets the market. Check out eBay auctions of high end, early JLAs from the past couple of years, and see if you can detect a pattern. I'd say look at Heritage too, except you can't see the bidders' identities, but I can assure you that the same person has moved the markets there too.

Bob, is he Making any Money on those (Did he Buy them from Heritage, or did he list them with Heritage??). I Mean I know they have like a 15 % Commission, so it's hard for me to believe he's Making any Money If he Recently Bought them. It looks like they Have ALL met Reserve on eBay.

No, Joe is one of the few dealers who seems to bid on DC a lot more than he does on Marvel, and recently he has been pretty aggressive on Adventures containing Legion appearances, but he doesn't move the JLA market (at least not the early issues, I don't really track post-1964 JLA so I couldn't tell you whether he wins all those auctions for JLAs in the 40s and onwards).

And JC, are you kidding? Seriously, you "would have" bid on that HH #1 in the Bronze forum but THIS is too miscut for you??

This JLA book is angled, as in the top is a different width than the bottom. That's a freaky defect, that even Overstreet marks down hard for.

yeah, did you see the $3000 and reserve not met ?! - crazy !

I'm sure it's going to go for much more than that. JLA is one of the more heavily collected DC titles, and 9.4 copies of issues 1-10 are literally one of a kind, if they exist at all. When they do surface, it gets crazy, with the dealers often leading the way.

I recall an auction that Ronnie Murry put up a couple of years ago or so (right around the time that CGC's first census came out), when he listed some Flash from 105-117 in 9.0 to 9.4, and some great early GLs in 9.2 to 9.4. I remember being confident that my various 10X bids would take the day on several of the books, but I wasn't even close. PCE, Comiclink, Dizneyart and some other big boys all came in with massive bids at the end, and the winning bids for some of these books were in the neighborhood of 20X. The dealers understood better than anyone the scarcity of these books in NM.

Remember the old days when dealers had a complete monopoly and never purchased books for anything above 50% guide, except when they were buying from each other?

yeah, did you see the $3000 and reserve not met ?! - crazy !

If I didn't have a 9.2 already, I'd be in there swinging with the big boys.

And I guarantee the ending price will top $4500

Rick

** wonder what my 9.6 #11 or #8 would go for right now...?** 893scratchchin-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

[quote** wonder what my 9.6 #11 or #8 would go for right now...?** 893scratchchin-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

Show off! Rick, don't force me to come over and pound on you!!! Those are some sweet sweet books, I knew you had the 11 but not the 8. Where did you get it?

You know, the best way for you to find out how much they're worth is to offer to sell them to me. Immediately. Do not pass Go. Do not talk to Acesilver. Whatever you do, do not talk to Acesilver. grin.gif

Tim,

Sorry, didn't mean to tease (just gloat). I gotta stroke my ego every now and then. It eases the pain of selling my B&B #28 (which was a 9.0 MINIMUM) to Metro in '93.

I bought most of my 2-35 issues back in the mid '80s at the SD Con. #'s 5, 8, 9, 10 & 11 all came from 1 dealer -don't remember who.

You don't really wanna know what I paid...do you? grin.gif

If I ever do sell, and that will be a dark day indeed, all you swinging BD's will be notified ahead of time.

Rick

Sorry, didn't mean to tease (just gloat). I gotta stroke my ego every now and then.

No apologies necessary! If I had these books, especially the 8, I'd be teasing AND gloating, and would probably also be penalized 15 yards for taunting.

I bought most of my 2-35 issues back in the mid '80s at the SD Con. #'s 5, 8, 9, 10 & 11 all came from 1 dealer -don't remember who.

Interesting. I wonder if you bought them from the same dealer that Comicdave bought his 9.6 JLA 15 and amazing 9.6 GLs. He also got them from one dealer in the mid-80s at the SD Con. If so, must have been a helluva run being broken up. Maybe it was the Pacific Coast owner before he became THE PACIFIC COAST OWNER.

If I ever do sell, and that will be a dark day indeed, all you swinging BD's will be notified ahead of time.

As it so happens, I was reading about several eclipses that will take place in 2004, so guess what? The heavens themselves are saying there WILL be a dark day, and therefore it's time to sell sell sell! grin.gif (To moi, natch)

Tim,

Sorry, didn't mean to tease (just gloat). I gotta stroke my ego every now and then. It eases the pain of selling my B&B #28 (which was a 9.0 MINIMUM) to Metro in '93.Rick

Was that copy ever graded? If so do you know what it came back as??