• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK eBay seller warning: cgc_centraluk

25 posts in this topic

About £60 lost with this seller.

Never got a CGC 4.5 Daredevil #2 i won on eBay UK.

And now is a NARU.

And his mail address is not working anymore.

And i didn't had the time to NEG him.

And it's too late to open a Paypal dispute.

The irony of the situation is that i sold my VG- copy of DD #2 to Chromium knowing that i was upgrading a bit my copy. :insane:

Now i need a DD #2 :makepoint:

About £60 lost with this seller.

Never got a CGC 4.5 Daredevil #2 i won on eBay UK.

And now is a NARU.

And his mail address is not working anymore.

And i didn't had the time to NEG him.

And it's too late to open a Paypal dispute.

The irony of the situation is that i sold my VG- copy of DD #2 to Chromium knowing that i was upgrading a bit my copy. :insane:

Now i need a DD #2 :makepoint:

:(

Dude that sucks... If you want it back...I'll understand; no problem (thumbs u

Now this is what the board is all about when people were posting their feelings under the FUN thread. And a fellow collector even thinking about giving a book back because someone lost out only confirms how people are dedicated to relationships over comics.

Sorry for what happened to you Osborn. By the way, when you paid with PayPal, did you use a checking account or credit card? Even though PayPal says it is a no-no, you may still open a dispute with your credit card company if it was in the past 90 days I believe (and I hope for your sake).

All the best

Dude that sucks... If you want it back...I'll understand; no problem (thumbs u

After you read it with your sticky fingers covered with CEE, no thank you.

:baiting:

Seriously, that's kind of your part, but you can keep it.

This is another lesson for me, i must be punished (and the world is full of DD #2).

Just wanted to warn people (maybe a little too late) about this seller.

Sorry for what happened to you Osborn. By the way, when you paid with PayPal, did you use a checking account or credit card? Even though PayPal says it is a no-no, you may still open a dispute with your credit card company if it was in the past 90 days I believe (and I hope for your sake).

All the best

Thanks Bosco,

i paid using a credit card but i checked with my bank and i'm covered for the past 60 days only, it's too late now :(.

In 2005 I got ripped off by a seller named rab3782 who was based in Scotland. When talking to Anfield Fox at a later date, I found out that he had run into a scammer nad had done some research and figured out that he had scammed under seceral ID's. The recurring theme was that he was based in Scotland and he usually had Daredevil auctions.

Thanks Bosco,

i paid using a credit card but i checked with my bank and i'm covered for the past 60 days only, it's too late now :(.

I am so sorry. That is just the pits when you cannot even get your money back, let alone the purchases made.

The name of the seller on the Paypal payment information is tony curran

Tony Curran is a well know Scottish actor. He plays the invisible man in the movie adaptation of LOEG.

03-10-13_TonyCurran1.jpg03-10-13_TonyCurran5.jpg

So it might be an alias that he used.

Tony Curran is a well know Scottish actor. He plays the invisible man in the movie adaptation of LOEG.

03-10-13_TonyCurran1.jpg03-10-13_TonyCurran5.jpg

So it might be an alias that he used.

I should have watched the movie doh!

Now, i have a question:

The Paypal's protection is a joke, we all know that.

But THEY know the bank's information of the seller.

It can bring me to the identity (true or false) of my scammer...

Am i dreaming or am i on something ?

The scammer who ripped me off (rab3782) went by by the name of Rab Curran. I got the police involved but they weren't interested. Maybe if we can convince them that this piece of chit is a serial scammer, they might do something.

Now, i have a question:

The Paypal's protection is a joke, we all know that.

But THEY know the bank's information of the seller.

It can bring me to the identity (true or false) of my scammer...

Am i dreaming or am i on something ?

It's worth a try, I did have an address where I sent a cheque. I may still have some of the emails from that time. He ripped off a whole bunch of people at the same time as me and probably did the same when Anfield Fox ran into him.