• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damn right I bought it!

18 posts in this topic

Congrats - I'm pretty sure this is my old copy you just bought, and it has the best color of any copy of this issue I've ever seen. I sold it on ebay in November of '01, and it looks like the market has picked up for these since then (although I see there are 7 9.6's out there these days) - no crash here!

DC's from this period have a wide variability in color saturation, especially the blue and purple covered issues, leading me to believe this copy was printed early in the print run. Here's a better pic showing the deep blue cover...a killer!

bat251.jpg

I see yours has the blue ink in the price stamp as well.

Another interesting note is that I was exactly one-year old when this book was postdated, Sept. 73. grin.gif

Oh, and Redhook, you just reminded me that I'm going to have to have two crowns when the next year rolls around. Oh, if only I could have the money back from those root canals!!!! 893frustrated.gif

Great book Kev, I was circling a 9.4 the other day and decided NOT to pull the trigger - also thanks for the info regarding the color variation, a factor that might lead me to want to purchase this book in person if at all possible. I was born in Sept '73 and along with 232 and a few others this IMO in one of the top 5 covers from 200-300 without a doubt. Sad to say that that particular copy is off the market for good. news.gif

Cool...I've sold many high-grade Bronze Age DC's, but a few stand out in my memory, including this one. I finally "replaced" it recently with a nice VF+ from a board member, but it pales in comparison to that gem! It was in my personal collection for quite a while until we decided to buy a new house last summer and I sold most of my Batmans - 227, 232, and 234 all in 9.4 were also liquidated around then. I got the book from an original owner collection from which many of the best-known late 60's/early 70's DC's have sprung...I doubt it was ever read as the seller had multiple copies of most of his books - congrats!