• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A CGC SS Q&A PDQ

36 posts in this topic

Ok, well I think that answers that! Thanks for the info and the great pics!

-Adam

i dont believe your question was answered.

i really doubt that cgc would ss your signature or sketch on anything.

i guess it really depends on who you are.

I love this sketch he did for me, and since I am a witness I CGC SS'd it. I also have my eye on a Billy The Kidd future SS.

+1 On Billy The Kidd. Love to have a yellow label of his work... especially the one(s) he is doing for me now and in the future.

I'd also love to get some Yellow Labels of my Girlfriend's work... She's working on a couple knock off SI sketch covers for me and she is an amazing artist.

(worship) :takeit:http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/5/1/8/1/8/webimg/157261084_o.jpg' alt='157261084_o.jpg'>

Mar Omega is someone who is a friend. He is trying to be an upstart in the comic world. I love this sketch he did for me, and since I am a witness I CGC SS'd it. I also have my eye on a Billy The Kidd future SS.

That book is beautiful. (worship)(worship)(worship)

Billy if they are accepting your books for SS. :takeit: You can si :headbang:gn me up for that.

haha, I'll let you know!

PM sent :headbang:

-Adam

I'm sure if he was set up in the artist alley at a con, and drew on a sketch cover, that'd be able to get SS.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2203735#Post2203735

I love this sketch he did for me, and since I am a witness I CGC SS'd it. I also have my eye on a Billy The Kidd future SS.

+1 On Billy The Kidd. Love to have a yellow label of his work... especially the one(s) he is doing for me now and in the future.

I'd also love to get some Yellow Labels of my Girlfriend's work... She's working on a couple knock off SI sketch covers for me and she is an amazing artist.

I'd love to see some of her work when she's done. (thumbs u

Brian

I'd love to see some of her work when she's done. (thumbs u

Brian

Getting her to have the time to do them is the problem. I have to put a fire under her butt.

-Adam

I know where you are coming from but, and correct me if I am wrong, but at its heart the CGC SS label only verifies that the sketch or even the sig is indeed by the person it says it is. No more no less. My "status" should not come into play because "status" is subjective.

I could draw something on a blank SI or FS sketch book and CGC would verify its by me. Now if I try to sell said book the buyer may not buy it because Im not of anyone of importance to them.

I suppose any artist could draw on a sketch cover and submit it for SS as the sketch covers were designed to... be sketched on... by artists.

At a con... if the commission has been worked out in advance, a CGC Witness needs to be present when the book is picked up, and the artist usually signs the work at that time, endorsing it as their work.

Yes, artists could send or drop off sketch cover books directly to CGC and they would be considered eligible for SS. However, this needs to be worked out very specifically in advance and be approved.

kev, if i invite you to my wedding this year, and you witness me and my fiance sketch and sign a sketch cover on our wedding day, can we submit that for ss? you'd get a 10 course meal out of it ;)

Sure. Can I bring a date?

kev, if i invite you to my wedding this year, and you witness me and my fiance sketch and sign a sketch cover on our wedding day, can we submit that for ss? you'd get a 10 course meal out of it ;)

you can bring tiz :baiting:

Dear Rick,

I'm so happy to hear your getting married.

Who's the lucky guy?? :grin:

So that's a no? My girlfriend will be disappointed.

Tiz doesn't really qualify as a date, but he would definitely enjoy a 10 course meal. Especially one with a lot of mammal.