• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to offer for Action #29, 36, 39?

22 posts in this topic

I got a phone call from an owner of a collection of Action\Superman's that he recently had listed on ebay. He had these three left over and has offered them to me for a make me a cash offer and pick them up price. I'm trying to determine what a fair value is for them.

(shrug)

The description that follows is the owner's, not mine.

123c_1.JPG

The cover has a small tear at the bottom left corner and the edges are a little frayed. The back cover is in decent condtion with some wear on the spine, but the cover is still attached. The inside pages are still off white.

88be_1.JPG

The cover has a small tear at the top and side of the page and a piece of tape on the spine..The back cover has a few small tears around the edges and a large tear towards the bottom, and the cover is barely attached. The inside pages are still off white.

b3cc_1.JPG

The cover has 4 pieces of tape on spine of the comic and 2 pieces on the inside attaching the cover with the comic and some tears around the spine. The inside pages are still off white. The back cover has a few tears and creases around the edges

Hello Sharon . . .

After meeting the seller, I can understand why he didn't reply back. He was consigning the comics for a friend and really wasn't that emotionally involved in compiling the listings and answering questions. He also has a 1 year old that he is busy with. My baby turns 10 months today!

Anyway, you are correct . . . page count, page count, page count!

Thanks.

Hello Sharon . . .

After meeting the seller, I can understand why he didn't reply back. He was consigning the comics for a friend and really wasn't that emotionally involved in compiling the listings and answering questions. He also has a 1 year old that he is busy with. My baby turns 10 months today!

Anyway, you are correct . . . page count, page count, page count!

Thanks.

I was going to ASK how the baby is...I need pictures:) and good luck...I'd get the page count first:) I was wondering if he was legit, since the auctions were so odd, but since you met him, just remember that kind of tape is very hard to get off, but enjoy the books, I love the one you won:) :cloud9:

Buyer received, inspected, and returned the comics.

So the conditions are probably Fair\Good.

>>how the baby is...I need pictures:)

I'm waiting for my broken camera to return. UPS is suppose to deliver it today. It fell of the table and has been in for repairs for over a month. I've missed some great pictures of junior.

Hey Tom, these are from the same batch of books that Matt has two of already correct? I would wait until you hear from him about the #13 and 14 before proceeding with buying these other 3 if you have concerns.(you are able to inspect the books before buying right?)

The seller seems like he wants to move these fast and easy. This could be good for you from a price perspective, or bad depending on what you are actually getting so wait to make an offer until after you see them.

But for the right price they seem presentable enough, especially the 36.

I've inspected nearly 100 other comics from the same collection, I would guess that these three are: Fair (1.0), Fair\Good (1.8), Good (2.0). With OW\W or White pages.

if that's the case then I wouldn't go more than $450-500 for the three.

I've inspected nearly 100 other comics from the same collection, I would guess that these three are: Fair (1.0), Fair\Good (1.8), Good (2.0). With OW\W or White pages.

They sold for about $1000 on Ebay, but were returned. Good guide is about $763, they aren't all Good.

I think this is a good range, if you want them. No more than 1/2 of what they went for on Ebay, I'd lower it a little, and say $375 to $475.

I don't think they go for a premium in that condition.

They sold for about $1000 on Ebay, but were returned. Good guide is about $763, they aren't all Good.

I think this is a good range, if you want them. No more than 1/2 of what they went for on Ebay, I'd lower it a little, and say $375 to $475.

I don't think they go for a premium in that condition.

(thumbs u

I was thinking along the same lines. Maybe $100 - $125 each if you really want to be safe