• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Auctions - Avengers & ASM prices through the roof

332 posts in this topic

Why is "pressable" relevant? If it's pressable, why don't they press it?

Like this comic with a torn cover. If it wasn't torn, it would be NM...and if a bullfrog had wings, he wouldn't bust his azz.

2c

Maybe the bullfrog likes having his azz busted. (shrug)

Like this comic with a torn cover. If it wasn't torn, it would be NM...and if a bullfrog had wings, he wouldn't bust his azz.

2c

Maybe the bullfrog likes having his zzz busted. (shrug)

You sure are frisky today. Long night of surfing pen island.com?

hm

2c

Exactly my point, it's all irrelevant...the time of encapsulation, the possible PQ bump, the pressing-candidate angle..I pay for the book I see in front of me and the current grade.

Alas a lot of people don't see the book they see the (often overenthusiastic) possibilities.

And in all fairness, some people do make a nice living this way, buying books that haven't reached their full potential, but I'm sure there are equal or more books who never get the desired grade bump and the buyer didn't only overpay for the initial book but also got the bill for resubbing...but strangely enough we never get to hear those stories.

I don't think if you check my site you see in my descriptions that a book hasn't reached it's full potential. I will state if I feel a book is harshly graded.

I don't feel I have to "game" somebody to buy a book. I state what I think, how I feel about it and will even answer questions about it's investment potential if asked.

Old label.

Potential 9.9? hm

Maybe a 11.0 with even whiter pages!

:insane:

You guys are dorks. Whoever is bidding on this is bidding because they want it to have in their collection. It's probably Sully.

Old label.

Potential 9.9? hm

Maybe a 11.0 with even whiter pages!

:insane:

You guys are dorks. Whoever is bidding on this is bidding because they want it to have in their collection. It's probably Sully.

It's called humor...something you would know nothing about. It's obvious that this book would never even be a 9.81 with that miswrap. I'm just being sarcastic because apparantly whenever a high grade book sells for stupid money it's because someone wants to "smash it and slab it".

R.

Hey Roy, having seen that FF #5 8.5 up close I would never put in my description that the book could be a 9.2 or harshly graded.

So basically you are admitting to being a carnival barker?

Let me add that to my list.

When did I admit to being a barker?

All I said was that it was not a new phenomenon and that Josh to my knowledge is a little more conservative in describing books.

Are you again trying to say something?

lol

Clueless is a start. Nice choice of carnival barkers, I see where your inspiration of how you conduct business comes from.

Did I state that Josh wrote the FF #5 listing?

I believe that it was your book.

OK, so I'm clueless because I see people yelling in isles at comicons while selling their books.

hm

For one I don't pump my books. Feel free to check out my marketplace descriptions...my decriptions are about as exciting as your copywrighted "Rich inks" so I don't know again why you are trying to drag me into a mud fight while shooting blanks. I don't need inspiration from anyone. I choose my inspiration from higher sources.

Second, the discussion was about Comiclink and Kool Aid so you can only infer that it was Josh. If you didn't and I misunderstood then I publicly apologize.

Third the FF #5 was not my book so again I have no idea what you are talking about.

R.