• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Auctions - Avengers & ASM prices through the roof

332 posts in this topic

Not all Avengers went for record prices. Take a look at the Avengers #25, a desirable book. It sold for $601. compared to the last GPA sale for $796., almost $200. less or 25% down.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D34%23Item%5F776175&id=776175

This was a $500 book in 9.4 less than two years ago.

That was a sweeeet 9.2 as well.

Not all Avengers went for record prices. Take a look at the Avengers #25, a desirable book. It sold for $601. compared to the last GPA sale for $796., almost $200. less or 25% down.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D34%23Item%5F776175&id=776175

This was a $500 book in 9.4 less than two years ago.

I missed the boat on that 9.4 two years ago :cry:

I liked the 9.2 but I will hold off for a 9.4

(shrug)

I won about seven Spideys, all for under 2008 GPA lows.

I just shotgun dozens of lowball bids, and then walk away to make sure I don't get caught up in the frenzy...something always sticks.

Silver and Bronze Spideys are not the books I'm willing to bid the moon and sky for....so I either get them at "my price" or I just don't get them.

I thought some of the earlier 9.6 Spideys like the 23 and 25 went for reasonable prices, at least relative to what they've sold for previously. They almost look like bargains if you compare them to the prices for the 9.8 bronze ASMs.

since comiclink does not take paypal, it says if you pay by check/MO, you can take 3% off the price....do you send payment - 3%? The checkout process does not take it off. ANy help would be appreciated. thanks.

My suggestion is to take these realized prices and check out other websites, buy the same grade books and list them on Comiclink to sell for more money.

I would like to benefit from this O-press-ive stimulus package currently going through the comic book market.

Anything at it's full potential has no upside, thus sells for reasonable numbers.

Somebody with lots of time on their hands should have scans of these "record" prices/books.

I see a new 300+ page of new manufactured 9.6/9.8's.

Of course the "spin" will that these are all consignor owned books that magically come up for resale on Comiclink.

since comiclink does not take paypal, it says if you pay by check/MO, you can take 3% off the price....do you send payment - 3%? The checkout process does not take it off. ANy help would be appreciated. thanks.

There is no discount. You pay the bid price plus postage by check. That's what I did before.

But if you use credit card (or paypal if they take that) then you pay an extra 3% (like a buyers premium). I never used anything but a check before, it works fine, but takes extra time.

Anything at it's full potential has no upside, thus sells for reasonable numbers.

Somebody with lots of time on their hands should have scans of these "record" prices/books.

Of course the "spin" will that these are all consignor owned books that magically come up for resale on Comiclink.

And not Comic Connect?

:baiting:

How does that explain the 9.8s that go for stupid money? No one in their right mind would think pressing a 9.8 will result in a 9.9/10. So someone out there is paying real money for non-pressing/flipping purposes.

That's the way to do it IMHO. I only picked up one book at close to 2008 GPA. The other 15 I was watching went for WAY over 12 month GPA. Looks like the trend will continue tonight. The comic market appears to be live and well.

or any comic that has or will have a major movie about it.

My suggestion is to take these realized prices and check out other websites, buy the same grade books and list them on Comiclink to sell for more money.

I would like to benefit from this O-press-ive stimulus package currently going through the comic book market.

I did that last night after seeing the prices on the Avengers #1, and the only copy I found that was a deal in grade was a VG/FN copy on a dealer's website for less than half of what this copy sold for. Here's hoping that it "is still available" and does not mysteriously disappear. :wishluck::baiting:

Seriously, though, you can make good coin just buying slabs on eBay and listing them on Clink. For example, I passed up bidding on an Avengers #1 CGC 4.0 in December as I figured it would go through the roof. Bidding ended at $640+ change. Right now you can list that same book on Clink and probably sell it for $1100 in 24 hours. There are many other deals like that available right now as well if you look for them.

How does that explain the 9.8s that go for stupid money? No one in their right mind would think pressing a 9.8 will result in a 9.9/10. So someone out there is paying real money for non-pressing/flipping purposes.

That's a good question.

Also how does that explain all the books that never come back onto the market?

That's a good question.

Also how does that explain all the books that never come back onto the market?

I have not seen 9.8s that have gone for absolutely inexplicable numbers in comparison to what other 9.8s have sold for because they represent either the top grade solo or are tied for a top grade. A 9.8 spidey selling for double what the last 9.8, while surprising, is not earth shattering. Especially if it only represents a couple hundred dollar difference.

A 9.0 Avengers 16 selling for 5x what it sold for previously is shocking. It also depends on the actual value of the book previously. An Avengers 57 9.6 selling for $3500 suddenly selling for $7500 is shocking, even though the multiplier is essentially 2, same as my 9.8 example.

The comiclink auctions do have other factors at play besides press and resub including buyers who are going crazy with a strong desire to own a book and a run up in popularity on a given book. Comiclink also has a very strong customer base. I don't believe Josh is shilling auctions. One thing I think he's very careful about is doing something that is outright wrong or illegal. Shill bidding is.

This isn't some conspiracy theory or idle speculation... there are those that have information you don't have about a given book, and it isn't just from a scan. That's fine so long as you understand that Avengers 16s in 9.0 shouldn't, and my guess wouldn't, sell routinely for $2600.

Try putting one for sale on the boards for $2k and see if someone will hit the BIN.

So yes, not every book has some sinister run up -- many of those are not "candidates" for more.

Wasn't me (Pastimperfekt). My early Avengers and Spider-Man runs are virtually complete. I picked up the one book I really wanted (Avengers 64 9.4 w to replace an ow-w copy). The one book I went way over guide for (Amazing Spider-Man 100 9.8), I got wiped out on.

I can't understand the 2600 for the Avengers 16 9.0 at all. The March auction has a 9.4 and a 9.0 that are both far nicer (and without writing on the cover). I've had books pressed up but to bet that your book will go up to a 9.6 for a profit or to 9.4 to break even from a 9.0 is insane.