• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Podcast

13 posts in this topic

I’d like to let everyone know about a new Comics podcast that my brother and I just started. It is called icomicspodcast and is available (FREE!) through iTunes at

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=303074847

or if you just want to listen to, or download the mp3 file, go to podbean.com at

http://icomicspodcast.podbean.com/

We can also find the links at our website www.icomicspodcast.com

This podcast is a little different from some of the ones already out there. We focus on the topics that really interest comic collectors. We have discussions on archiving and storing comics, trends in the marketplace, does and don’ts of buying comics online, review various comic software and websites, and have reports from various conventions around the country.

For comic reviews, we pick a few comics each week to briefly discuss and then pick 1 older title that is a favorite and introduce listeners to it. For example, in our first podcast we reviewed Starman Vol 2 and then the Legion of Superheroes in our second podcast.

On our next episode we will be reviewing comic collecting software and focus on ComicCollectorLive.

Since we are new, we are looking for listeners so please give us a try. You can leave feedback or comments at comments@icomicspodcast.com.

Thanks!

I'll give it a listen...we need more podcasts that don't cater almost exclusively to comics than came out this week/month :sumo:

totally agree with that statement, I will give a listen.Sounds very interesting.

btw I will be starting a podcast of my own later in the summer. Good luck guys with your podcast.

I listened to both episodes. You guys have a good start. Very professional sounding podcast, sounds great. That being said, there's a lot of things where you guys just are incorrect. I'd be happy to help, and I'm sure there's a bunch of people here who would as well. Feel free to PM me. Again, your podcast is a great start.

Thanks for all the feebdack. If anyone has specific feedback, or wants to make suggestions on how we can improve feel free to PM me or send an email to comments@icomicspodcast.com

We want to focus this podcast on true collectors as opposed to just casual readers.

The third one was MUCH better than the first two. Sounds very professional and you guys clearly are passionate about the hobby. Take it on the road and do a convention! (thumbs u

Just listened to Episode 8 - really good, you can definitely hear the improvement from episode to episode.

One small note - you CAN offer payment on eBay with checks/money orders, but you can't advertise that you do. If a buyer asks you, you can do it. Hairsplitting, I know, but what can you do.

Post that Amazing Fantasy 15! (thumbs u

That being said, there's a lot of things where you guys just are incorrect. I'd be happy to help , and I'm sure there's a bunch of people here who would as well. Feel free to PM me. Again, your podcast is a great start.

There is probably an "expert" for just about every facet of collecting on these boards. Might help to pick their brain for a particular topic while prepping for the show. And I'm sure most would donate their time.

oh, and one other thing, let your brother out of the tin tunnel he is broadcasting from and let him sit wherever you are. :makepoint: