• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Seinfeld's Superman collection?

43 posts in this topic

If the Church Marvel Comics #1 is actually a 9.6 or 9.8 I'd take that over any Action #1 that is known of today.

Even if it's "only" a November copy?!!

Who are you and what have you done with SS?

I can say without one moment's hesitation that if I could have any one collector's collection, it would be Anderson's. Verzyl's Timely collection and the overall depth of Geppi's collection would be great, but to have THE best run of early Actions, Supermans, Detectives and Batmans, including THE 2 most coveted books in the world, would be the absolute pinnacle in my opinion. And of course Anderson has many other incredible books that are never discussed here.

ditto here. Dave is the Gold Standard in the hobby.

If your mainly a DC fan yes I can see your arguement but most issues of Batman, Superman, Action comics and Tec's past issue #40 do nothing for me so I wouldn't hesitate to sell/trade them to acquire Verzyl's gems.

Interesting. I'm mainly a DC fan but Superman and Batman titles from the forties don't interest me at all. In fact, it's only when All-Star, Flash and Green Lantern acquired a somewhat more "modern" polished look in 1947 or so that any DC superhero titles from the forties began to hold any appeal for me - with the possible exception of Jack Kirby's Sandman and Newsboy Legion.

Not that I'd turn down an Action #1of course. It's just that I'd be receptive to bids for it if I somehow had one in my possession.

hm