• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resub Results?

33 posts in this topic

For those that resub do you always include the label. I alway include the label and I have resubed probably about 100 books (fall for SS) and all have come back the same grade with only 1 dropping from a 9.8 to 9.6.

I wonder if not including the label would lead to differing grades??

If I ever do a resub, I won't include the label. I'll wait to get the grade back then submit the label separately. Just me...

I do the same (well, I haven't sent the label in yet). I'll send the label in separately.

The one that is the most noticeable for me was a Silver Surfer #14 that I had in my collection for years (until I found a better raw copy from seller Todd Lange). I graded it as a 9.0-9.2 and sent it a first time to CGC. It came back as 8.5 (8.5/9.0/8.5) old label. I didn't like the grade, cracked the case and did resub it several months later. At my great surprise, it came back this 2nd time as a 9.4 (9.2/9.4/9.4). Wow !! As a seller, I did like the grade this time and sold it on eBay in 2005 but it did prove me again that you should always buy the book, NOT the label !!

I also have heard a story about an ASM #4 that has been submitted three times and got respectively 8.5, 9.0 and finally 9.2.

And how about the ASM #10 that was supposed to be graded 8.0 but "mistakenly" received a grade of ...9.8 !! I know, it is not a resub story, but it just make my point that CGC graders are not gods, they can make mistake and the grade can change from one grader to another, or from the same grader but at a different time or mood.

I don't understand the 4.0 on this book at all Paratrooper... What did the graders notes say? There has to be some type of unseen damage to that book. Without doubt the nicest 4.0 I have ever seen!! Books like this are the reason why I always buy the book, not the slab.

Trooper - if you're not planning to resell, then why pay the $$ for CGC SS designation?

Not trying to be a richard, just wondering.

Don't plan on selling anytime soon. However, eventually everything may go. Whether it's 5 years from now or 20. As you can tell, I'm not too concerned with the grade... I just like the look of the book in a yellow holder for some reason.

I asked for graders notes, it only said something like tanning or burnt bottom part of book. Not sure what they meant by "burnt"

Well, that lower FC tanning/whatever does look pretty severe. Severe enough to knock the book all the way down to 4.0? Who knows.

Still a hella nice looking 4.0.