• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase 60

5 posts in this topic

This is not my book, but I am looking at it. I realize it is hard to tell a grade from a photo(s), but hopefully some of you guys can elighten Roger and I.

The book is tight and very glossy.....and would be high grade, but the bottom staple is an issue. The book appears to possibly having never been read. The back is as clean as the front.

The bottom staple looks like it has been popped, but it isn't as the cover is still attached to the book. During the saddle stitch process, the staple was somehow punched through the cover, but still holds the cover on. We both believe it to be a production flaw but were not sure on how CGC might look at this. The book is sweet and is a shame that it has this issue. Qualified grade maybe?

Here are the pics.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Scott

Show60a.jpg

show60b.jpg

show60c.jpg

show60d.jpg

A staple pop is a staple pop - many issues are notorious for them in various degrees. Are they caused by production? Perhaps, in part, but that has never given them a "free pass" from CGC.

I've also learned the hard way through purchases that you can never accurately grade from photos, as they almost always make a book look better than it is. Here, I'll guess 8.5 (Qualified) Green label "Cover detached at lower staple."

:hi:

I have a copy of Showcase 60 that was never stapled at the bottom and therfore has no staple holes. That would be a production error for sure.

Absolutely - no impact on grade, but does impact desirability, and often impacts overall structure of book (beacuse it's been held together for 40 years by one staple) . . . :grin: