• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The return of Warlord and Mike Grell to DC Comics this April 8

10 posts in this topic

And as of last month, with issue #7, Grell returns to provide pencils and inks!

89836.jpg

Page 1 takes me back to 1978 again: :cloud9:

89837.jpg

Travis Morgan as I remember him from way back when...

89838.jpg

:whee:

I picked up the first issue on a lark due to my interest in the lost worlds genre, having never heard of Mike Grell or the Warlord before. It has been a lot of fun so far and makes me want to try to pick up some of the earlier incarnations of the character. But it does not look like there are any good collections.

Great news! I loved Grell's Green Lantern/Green Arrow and LOSH stuff in the mid-70's (as well as his G.A. work in the 80's) and also had a nice, but short run in the BATMAN title in 1977. I was hopeful that he would be the permanent Batman artist in the wake of Ernie Chan's (Chua) departure, but sadly it never happened.

This week's issue was drawn by someone other than Grell (apart from a 2 page spread that Grell contributed). I put it back on the rack. So a grand total of 3 issues with Grell art... anyone know if he's planning to do any more?