• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More lunacy to fuel JC's fire.

8 posts in this topic

I buy a few things from this guy...as an ebay seller he has never done me wrong, but I just couldn't bypass the opportunity to post about this lunatic auction.

Spidey lunacy

Check the key words:

Silver version

Not mass produced

Histerical (sorry historical) importance

First issue

Todd McFarlane

It certainly is a cover proof BUT there were a ton produced for these issues. They were used to promote the book and to hand out etc etc

If it reached $20 then he gets a good price but $795....Holy [!@#%^&^] Batman. :insane

It certainly is a cover proof BUT there were a ton produced for these issues. They were used to promote the book and to hand out etc etc

There were a lot of cover proofs? Really?

How often do they show up on Ebay?

(Not necessarily disagreeing, just looking to be educated...)

Cover proofs are rare....in the Adler collection (BA DC) there may be one or two copies of a cover depending on whether or not the cover had to be amended, but generally there is only one colour guide, one black plate, one acetate and one proof.

In the 90's hysteria of #1's, variants, holographs etc etc cover proofs for spidey books were printed by the dozens and used as incentives.

For $795 I could buy 3-5 L B Cole GA proofs or Neal Adams BA proofs that are truly one of a kind. cloud9.gif

Now this one didn't sell.... insane.gif Yet it truly is one of a kind and really sweet cover. Marvel production art of the period is rarer than DC. I would have snared this piece (it is a really fair price) except I have already been quite extravagant with my purchases this month. crazy.gif

Iron Man

Now this one didn't sell.... insane.gif Yet it truly is one of a kind and really sweet cover. Marvel production art of the period is rarer than DC. I would have snared this piece (it is a really fair price) except I have already been quite extravagant with my purchases this month. crazy.gif

Iron Man

Has he got a bottle stashed in his armor? Relapse! 893whatthe.gif