• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Young Guns 2009

6 posts in this topic

In December, Marvel announced their annual "Young Guns" list where they give new talent their "push" for higher visibility. Time will tell whether the artists live up to their full potential or hype.

Some prominent names from the past include Jimmy Cheung and Steve McNiven.

This year the list includes:

Daniel Acuna

Stefano Casselli

Mike Choi

Marko Djurdjevic

Khoi Pham

Rafa Sandoval

I guess this means these guys will start charging more for their art. lol.

The full article is provided in the link below:

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.6390.Young_Guns~colon~_The_New_Guns

Cheers!

N

In December, Marvel announced their annual "Young Guns" list where they give new talent their "push" for higher visibility. Time will tell whether the artists live up to their full potential or hype.

Daniel Acuna

Stefano Casselli

Mike Choi

Marko Djurdjevic

Khoi Pham

Rafa Sandoval

The full article is provided in the link below:

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.6390.Young_Guns~colon~_The_New_Guns

Cheers!

N

Mike Choi is 9 kinds of awesome and has been for a while.

I heard from more than one person that Acuna does his art on computer so I don't know if there will be any original pieces for him to raise prices on....I would love to see some art if anyone has a link though.

C

Daniel Acuna

Stefano Casselli

Mike Choi

Marko Djurdjevic

Khoi Pham

Rafa Sandoval

Well, until a couple of weeks ago, I was Rafa Sandoval's art rep. The prices on his art were very fair and attainable (especially by today's standard). Unfortunately, it seems no one was interested in it (which is why I am no longer his rep).

If his prices do go up, collectors have no one to blame but themselves, IMHO. Personally, I hope Rafa makes a perverbial killing with his art now. :devil:

Chris

I had heard the same about Daniel Acuna's creative process. His work on Green Lantern also credited him with colors so it supports the notion that his work was probably done digitally.

James

I have to admit, Rafa Sandoval's name was the only person who I did not recognize. Now that his name is on the list, I'll have to look up his art. If you were representing him, props for being one of the first to recognize his talent.

I'm not sure what the criteria is when being selected a "Young Gun" other than perhaps the artist signing a long term exclusive deal with Marvel. lol. Some of these guys aren't even so young. Mike Choi has been in the industry for years. Marko has been a fan favorite for his covers for awhile. Even in the past, McNiven, Finch and Lenil Yu were already established stars and household names when they were added onto the annual list.

Cheers!

Nelson