• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE COLLECTOR can Rap??? Check this out!

32 posts in this topic

I have been in contact with my agent as well as my talent coach. THe plan is to have a quick routine whipped up by the party in New York to release as my new WORLD PREMIERE. The challange has been thrown down and I will be ready in New York. So BRING IT ON BABY!!

Chandler "The Yippee CAYAH Cowboy" Rice (ok the spelling may be off)

:roflmao:

Serious question.

Anyone here on this board who is a rap fan?

Reason I ask is that I made a rap CD and if someone is truly interested in critiquing it, I will send them a copy. I did it just for fun. I paid a company to make fifty copies and gave them out to family and friends, but I can burn a couple more if someone is interested.

Not looking to be made fun of on here, but looking for an honest critique from a hip hop fan.

All of the songs on the CD were written by me with the exception of one. All are performed by me.

Okay...................... Now that ya'll are done laughing, anyone like rap here? For real.

How about posting some lyrics? I used to write rhymes all the time, and wouldn't mind seeing what you have to say. (thumbs u

Serious question.

Anyone here on this board who is a rap fan?

Reason I ask is that I made a rap CD and if someone is truly interested in critiquing it, I will send them a copy. I did it just for fun. I paid a company to make fifty copies and gave them out to family and friends, but I can burn a couple more if someone is interested.

Not looking to be made fun of on here, but looking for an honest critique from a hip hop fan.

All of the songs on the CD were written by me with the exception of one. All are performed by me.

Okay...................... Now that ya'll are done laughing, anyone like rap here? For real.

I listen to rap..... but mostly late 80's through 90's and whole lot of current underground. My favorite group/groups are Wu-Tang, DITC, and Juice Crew. Favorite producer DJ Premier. But I also like the new school experimental stuff too from Def Jux to Rhymesayers........ so yeah I like Hip Hop.

I heard your CD.... I like the beat selection. You have some classics on there from the Pharcyde.

The rhymes could use some work.... elementary at times. I can tell you put some effort in some of the concepts but they could of been thought out a little better. Have a plan of what your trying to say before you write it in rhyme form. Then choose the best words that rhyme to articulate what your trying to say. That is one of the tricky things about MCing. Rhyming a story, lesson, ideal, past experiences, etc isn't easy especially when you use words with multiple syllables.

You actually have a good MC voice.... It sounds convincing and confident. Your delivery needs some work though... It sounded like you wrote the rhymes before you listened to any of the beats. Timing is critical.... unless you decide to rap off beat. Most MC's that do so usually use confusing rhyme patterns and have a vast rhyming vocabulary.

Great effort though.....