• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandman 1 CGC 9.4 $300 on ComicLink?!

8 posts in this topic

Sandman 1 CGC 9.4

Do the great staff at ComicLink provide any form of realistic price suggestions on books like this? Even at the 50% lowest offer rules, this book is not even worth that price.

Oops, my bad. ComicLink Support just emailed "This was personally read by Neil Gaiman while at the DC Comics loo." No wonder it is so expensive.

Wow! Neil Gaiman bathroom reading material. Get it now!

Plus it has the wrong info on the listing from the 1974 series. Epic C-Link FAIL.

(No offense, Josh. I know that you don't do push-ups every day, you push the world down. Also, I have it on good authority that the boogeyman checks under his bed every night for josh nathanson. So don't forget to ship me my sweet books from the last focused auction. :foryou:)

Prices are not their job. Buyers should do the appropriate research before buying.

I hear ya, but if I am running a site that sells comics, AND I make money once you sell the book, do you think I'd like to suggest a reasonable range even if it means 75% to 125% of GPA/Overstreet/whatever?

$300 for a 9.4 when they have sold anywhere from $30 to $59 is a tad over, and would eat up valuable space for real book sales.

Come on now. What would Martha do in this situation?

Martha2.jpg

Pretty poor if an organisation like that can't get basic details correct.

If the seller had listed the book in the correct category (Sandman Vol. 2 instead of Sandman Vol. 1), the book details would have been correct - that's not really the fault of Comiclink.

If the seller had listed the book in the correct category (Sandman Vol. 2 instead of Sandman Vol. 1), the book details would have been correct - that's not really the fault of Comiclink.

Actually, that is the second time on ComicLink I have seen the book listed the same way incorrectly. The first was a 9.6 copy, but listed as the 70's series.

Does ComicLink have drop-down choices for sellers, or free-form and you hand enter everything on Title and Issue #?

But I think the concern was not with the information entry, but the SWAG price that was thrown out right in-between a few 9.8's all selling for $300+.