• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albedo 2 pricing

24 posts in this topic

First off, why you are sick? Hopefully it wasn't due to the recent ComicLink prices.

Thanks for the great info. as I just went to the officially Usagi site before coming back here and was overjoyed he was announcing a few new releases.

http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/

When you warn of color touch to the spine, do you mean when buying raw as that was why I stayed away from raw copies was due to that black cover?

So it wasn't a freebie? With that limited a print run, did he sell them at shows? I did find the link dedicated to Albedo 2 that was extremely informative.

http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/casl/comics/albedo-vol1-nr2/albedo2.html

I'm not sick; I just prefer that mood. :)

Yes, you need to carefully inspect the spine if you're buying a raw copy. It was a small print run because it's a small press book. Also, since it's an anthology, with #2, they just didn't print a whole lot. Look at the initial print runs for Albedo #0 or #1; the first print of #0 was only 50 copies!

HOLY! 50 copies.

Well, I am overjoyed as a Usagi fan to finally have a nice copy coming my way. Between that and the 1st Groo in 9.8, the past two months have filled some long-term wants on great characters.

I'm not sick; I just prefer that mood. :)

Yes, you need to carefully inspect the spine if you're buying a raw copy. It was a small print run because it's a small press book. Also, since it's an anthology, with #2, they just didn't print a whole lot. Look at the initial print runs for Albedo #0 or #1; the first print of #0 was only 50 copies!

Do you have one? "Yellow desk" and whatnot?

The best I've been able to do is second print. That leaves yellow, white, and 1st to find.

The sad thing is, in '85, you could have ordered as many copies from Steve as you wanted...for $1.50....I assume up to the remainder of the run.

Sigh.