• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Upcoming Ray Bradbury Appearances

6 posts in this topic

For those in the greater L.A. area, Mr. Bradbury will be appearing at the Sierra Madre School Auditorium on February 7.

Then on Saturday, February 21, Ray will be lecturing and signing books at Palms Rancho Park Library’s Ray Bradbury Room (where else?). The Library is located at 2920 Overland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90064. Phone 310-840-2142 for additional information.

And he appears again on February 28 at Mystery and Imagination Bookstore in Glendale, CA

I know there's some interest if any witnesses are avaialable. :whistle:

Gee, I wonder who you're referring to... :) Here's my story: On February 7th, I'll be at the New York Comic Con. On February 28th, I'll be at WonderCon in San Francisco. (Ironically, the Mystery bookstore is where I saw Ray Bradbury last August. Doug, you inspired me to get my own Bradbury grail, a Weird Science #18, signed by Ray at his 82nd birthday party at that Glendale bookstore last August, which I finally gave for grading and is coming back a 3.0. But I digress)

Now, February 21st is a possibility, but I have to be in San Diego on February 20th in the evening, as well as Feb. 21st in the evening. So, I'd have to make a special trip on the 21st to and from LA just for one book. (When Mr. Bradbury signs, I am lucky to get ONE item signed that's not a pre-signed real book from the event)

Is there any other witness that can attend one of these events? Fingerprint.ink? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :)

If no one steps up by the 12th or so, PM me and let's see if we can work something out. Now, if some of you who have a book to get signed wants to attend with me on the 21st, that would be great, as I could witness and submit your book, but you could stand in line to get your own book signed. :)

Joel

Here are the EC books with Bradbury adaptations. I'm pretty sure its accurate but not 100%.

Crime Suspense Stories #15

Crime Suspense Stories #17

Haunt of Fear #6

Haunt of Fear #16

Haunt of Fear #18

Haunt of Fear #28

Shock SuspenStories #7

Shock SuspenStories #9

Tales From the Crypt #34

Tales From the Crypt #36

Vault of Horror #22

Vault of Horror #29