• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMAZING FANTASY 15 & AMAZING SPIDER-MAN FULL RUN #1-#437

34 posts in this topic

With all due respect. This book wont sell for anywhere near that amount of money. IMHO... Laminated?? Might as well call it trimmed, value wise I'm sorry to say.... I'd be surprised if this book sold for $1K. But good luck with any sale... I personally wouldn't give $500 for it. My 2c

With all due respect. This book wont sell for anywhere near that amount of money. IMHO... Laminated?? Might as well call it trimmed, value wise I'm sorry to say.... I'd be surprised if this book sold for $1K. But good luck with any sale... I personally wouldn't give $500 for it. My 2c

I'd rather have a trimmed copy than a laminated one... lol "laminated to preserve its condition" doh!

I'd rather have a trimmed copy than a laminated one... lol "laminated to preserve its condition" doh!

But, hey, props to the ebay seller for being honest about the lamination issue, and not trying to hide it. It is pretty much the kiss of death, though.

It's your book. You can do with it what you wish. I hope it sells... It just wont be anywhere near no $3K... You put the link up, not me. You thought of that asking price, not me. It wont sell.. Not at anywhere near $3k. As another has said. Lamination = The kiss of Death!!!

You do realize this is the CGC Chat Boards, right??? Your asking price is WAY out of line...

To each there own. But for $3K??? That just isn't going to happen... I could of just started a "look at what this ..... has up for sale.. Plus it's only 3K thread.... Trust me that would of been a whale of thread. The CGC wouldn't even slab a laminated book. So that is out of the question!!! I don't take advice from a board newbie... Now go reduce the price of the book....

Think a lot less than $1k..... :screwy:

Yes it is my book and my decision to list it how I prefer.

Whether it sells for 3k or not should not be a concern of yours that is why I have the make an offer option on ebay.

It is amazing that you are putting so much of your time into this when it has nothing to do with you. I did not ask for your opinion or thoughts did I? Like I initially said it would have been much more appropriate to tell me your thoughts/opinion in a pm. For some reason I guess it must make you feel better to bad mouth my book in the open.

The asking price is negotiable, pricing has to start somewhere.

You said that you could have just started a look at what this.....has up for sale. You basically already have with your initial comment.

You said that you don`t take advice from a board newbie, is this what this is about? You feel inferior because a newbie has an AF 15 for sale? Hopefully that is not the case but it sure seems that way! I don`t get it but I do think that if you don`t have anything good to say don`t say anything at all unless it is sent through a pm.

You have no idea who I am or what I am about as far as comics or anything so keep your little thoughts to yourself.

I have over 34,000 feedbacks on ebay so I am sure my comic knowledge is far deeper than yours! Just because I am somewhat new here on the cgc boards doesn`t mean that I am new to comics.

Plenty of board members know who I am and know that I am very reputable!

Take care and stay out of other people`s busniess!

As per your PM to me. Anytime you want to talk about this book in person is fine with me....

Give me some time to stop laughing though.... $3K for a poor condition Laminated AF 15!!! :screwy: This is The CGC Chat Boards... We know what comic book's are and are not. We know what there worth and not worth as well.... Anyone here on these boards want to buy this book for $3K??? While I might of been better off to PM you, I didn't. So that is that....

Your PM threat of bodily harm doesn't bug me at all. But thanks for the really good laugh at the poor condition LAMINATED AF 15 @ $3K!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck with that..... This is my business. I could be a customer on this book.. NOT!! How does a very reputable guy try and sell a poor condition Laminated AF 15 for an asking price of almost $3K on the CGC boards? It's one thing to take a couple of hundred off a book. But thousands of dollars? That is some serious discounting going on. I too will say Take Care.

But I will always say what is on my mind. Your posting this book in the condition it is in for close to $3K on these boards is simply crazy. It's like you were saying, to me anyway... Let's see how stupid some of these CGC chat board guy's can be.... Sorry but the last time I looked around here. The head count on crazy/stupid people was very low... I hope you sell the book and you and the buyer are happy with the deal. It just won't be bought for $3k from anyone on this board.... IMHO ........ Take Care... Happy Sales to you.........

As per your PM to me. Anytime you want to talk about this book in person is fine with me....

Give me some time to stop laughing though.... $3K for a poor condition Laminated AF 15!!! :screwy: This is The CGC Chat Boards... We know what comic book's are and are not. We know what there worth and not worth as well.... Anyone here on these boards want to buy this book for $3K??? While I might of been better off to PM you, I didn't. So that is that....

Your PM threat of bodily harm doesn't bug me at all. But thanks for the really good laugh at the poor condition LAMINATED AF 15 @ $3K!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck with that..... This is my business. I could be a customer on this book.. NOT!! How does a very reputable guy try and sell a poor condition Laminated AF 15 for an asking price of almost $3K on the CGC boards? It's one thing to take a couple of hundred off a book. But thousands of dollars? That is some serious discounting going on. I too will say Take Care.

But I will always say what is on my mind. Your posting this book in the condition it is in for close to $3K on these boards is simply crazy. It's like you were saying, to me anyway... Let's see how stupid some of these CGC chat board guy's can be.... Sorry but the last time I looked around here. The head count on crazy/stupid people was very low... I hope you sell the book and you and the buyer are happy with the deal. It just won't be bought for $3k from anyone on this board.... IMHO ........ Take Care... Happy Sales to you.........

:gossip: not as low as you think.

I would be very happy to talk to you about this book in person!

Like I said you are putting too much effort into this, you could have easily pm`d me and told me your thoughts/opinions and everything would have been fine. But for some reason you had to bad mouth the book so everyone could read it. I am not cool with that at all.

I did not threat you with bodily harm, I responded to your pm accordingly.

Like I said the reason that I put the make an offer option on ebay was because I did not know where to start this book off at, so I`d rather start it a little high and lower the price than start it too low. Who would not do the same thing if they weren`t sure where to start the pricing at?

If I felt that the book was worth hundreds of dollars I would not have started it off at around 3k, but since I have never dealt with a laminated book I was unsure of it`s true value and still am unsure. Again, like I said that is why I included the make an offer option on ebay.

I don`t think these cgc chat boards guys are stupid! As far as I am concerned these cgc chat board guys are some of the most knowlegeable guys in the industry.

So you got that one wrong again.

I think the best thing to do is pm me your thoughts/opinions and we can go from there.

You said that you don`t take advice from a board newbie, is this what this is about? You feel inferior because a newbie has an AF 15 for sale? Hopefully that is not the case but it sure seems that way! I don`t get it but I do think that if you don`t have anything good to say don`t say anything at all unless it is sent through a pm.

I think you hit the nail on the head here.

It is sad to say but it sure seems like that is the case.

I heard about this little fracas, guys,play NICE!! lol

Here's an idea...

Since this book is COMPLETLY laminated( :cry:)

would it not be nice to see this little piece of funnybook history

go to a museum or library,some place were it could be shared?

Since it is completly protected, if monitored, it'd be swell that people

could have the chance to read an original AF 15,in their hands,or whatever

and not worry about hurting the old puppy!!

I'm sure there must be someplace that would be interested in this,no?

Just a thought,thats all...

anyone else think it's a cool idea?

porky hm

Porky that is a very good idea! I just don`t know of such a place.

I would be willing to offer this book and lose money on it just to give people the opportunity to read it?

If you come up with a place let me know.

Thanks for the great idea!

Isaac

I'm not saying lose money on it,not at all!

I was just hoping there was a place out there somewhere that would be into the idea..and figured someone on the boards might know of such a place!

I know there are some folks that do charity auctions with books,and stuff like that..

There must be a comic book hall of famey place out there...

anyone know? (shrug)

I'm not saying lose money on it,not at all!

I was just hoping there was a place out there somewhere that would be into the idea..and figured someone on the boards might know of such a place!

I know there are some folks that do charity auctions with books,and stuff like that..

There must be a comic book hall of famey place out there...

anyone know? (shrug)

Indeed there is. I'm willing to bet they already have a copy.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1359726

I do realize that you were not saying lose money on it.

I am just saying that if there is a place like that I would not mind taking a loss in order to give people a chance to read an AF 15. I do appreciate you explaining that you did not mean for me to lose money.

I think it is a really cool idea and I would definitely like to be part of something like that.

If you find out about a place like that just let me know.

Thank you!

Now this if funny. I just made a deal to buy a GA Human Torch #1 8.0 Blue Label. I'm supposed to be somehow jealous of a laminated AF 15??? I don't think so... Nice college try though.... I own a Blue Label 8.0 Just for the record.... I have no plan's on laminating it though.

I have a very nice collection thanks... By no means a worlds best. By no means the worlds worst either......