• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: TOS 57 First Hawkeye

17 posts in this topic

somebody chime in.

Book looks real nice in hand. Scan brings out the defects for all to see.

c'mon people! What say you? Are you not entertained!?

Personally, I would say 7.0 having it in hand. Somebody tell me why i'm a doofus that can't grade for mess.

Ok, I'll bite . . . You're a doofus that can't grade for mess. :roflmao:

Thanks for the input guys.

Divad, you're a charmer as always. :grin:

Not a big SA collector but a big Hawkeye fan. I think i'm gonna slab this just for the grading experience. I've owned alot of GA 6.0's so I'm basing my grade off how it looks in hand compared to those. I'll update when I get the grade back.

Thanks again

Thanks for the input guys.

Divad, you're a charmer as always. :grin:

Not a big SA collector but a big Hawkeye fan. I think i'm gonna slab this just for the grading experience. I've owned alot of GA 6.0's so I'm basing my grade off how it looks in hand compared to those. I'll update when I get the grade back.

Thanks again

:acclaim:

Small scan + white cover makes it nearly impossible to grade - but I don't know what people are seeing that would keep this book at 6.0 or below. Unless there are defects I can't see (quite possible) 7.0 seems a solid grade to me.

nice book but is the bottom staple popped and what is happening below that? I'm not really good at grading being new to the boards but i would hazard a 5.0

No, staple isn't popped. Not sure what you see below that staple.

Seems like the board consensus is in the 6.0 range. I'm going to slab it just b/c I dig Hawkeye and it'll be a good grading experience. As mentioned I was thinking 7.0 straight as it looks better in person. We'll find out eventually.

nice book but is the bottom staple popped and what is happening below that? I'm not really good at grading being new to the boards but i would hazard a 5.0

No, staple isn't popped. Not sure what you see below that staple.

Seems like the board consensus is in the 6.0 range. I'm going to slab it just b/c I dig Hawkeye and it'll be a good grading experience. As mentioned I was thinking 7.0 straight as it looks better in person. We'll find out eventually.

C'mon lucky seven! (thumbs u :wishluck:

Small scan + white cover makes it nearly impossible to grade - but I don't know what people are seeing that would keep this book at 6.0 or below. Unless there are defects I can't see (quite possible) 7.0 seems a solid grade to me.

6.5 but looks like a 7.0 (thumbs u