• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If a crash does come....what will YOU do?

107 posts in this topic

I won't abandon it, but I will be scarfing up deals when the arise, assuming I like the issues in question. I'll likely take a "wait and see" approach, as you never know how low some of those Bronze books will go.

I'll also be fulfilling my prediction of the USM run for at, or under, cover, and that one looks to be well on its way.

Since around September I have done a good job of only spending $100 a month of new money (ie if I sell old stuff and buy new stuff that doesn't count tongue.gif) on books and art. I'm pretty proud of that. Once the crash comes I want to keep that ratio pegged but be able to get the books that I want sooner. At this pace I can't say that I haven't gotten my fair share of entertainment value out of my discretionary income. thumbsup2.gif

DAM

In these threads, I have flashbacks of Ripley in Aliens, listening to the gung-ho chatter of the Marines... right before they get annihilated and start crying like babies.

So you're all gonna lay serious cash into a steadily-declining market?

"I hope so, I really do..."

A question Joe, and you've probably answered this before, but do you buy comics? Slabbed or otherwise?

Yes I do, but only issues that have a intrinsic value to me, and at prices that are equivalent to my personal enjoyment of said issue.

I have quite a few grin.gif Byrne X-Men's and if their value were to fall to nothing, it really wouldn't bother me at all. Not one bit, and since I know there's storm clouds 'a coming, that's what I'm aiming to collect in these topsy-turvy times. thumbsup2.gif

In these threads, I have flashbacks of Ripley in Aliens, listening to the gung-ho chatter of the Marines... right before they get annihilated and start crying like babies.

Yeah listen to this [!@#%^&^]

I won't abandon it, but I will be scarfing up deals when the arise, assuming I like the issues in question. I'll likely take a "wait and see" approach, as you never know how low some of those Bronze books will go.

And me buying issues for vastly lower values, somehow equates to laying out SERIOUS cash, sporting a gung ho attitude and putting on a "great news, can't wait for the crash" smiley face?

I will not enjoy what is to come, no more than I took pleasure in seeing poor guys carting their X-Force #1 cases to the local shop. To take pleasure in another's hardship is pretty sick.

Did you make out like a 340.gif after the 90s crash?

I know you mentioned that you purchased an ASM 129..did you flip it for big bucks?

I sold my Valiants for Bronze trade, but only because those foil-enhanced Bloodshot covers had me dumping Valiant in disgust. I got lucky on that one.

As for my Marvels, other than a few select sales and trades, what I have bought is what I have. I truly do buy Marvel Bronze issues for nostalgia and intrinsic value, foreign though the concept may be to some on here.

I got out of the hobby well before the 90's crash, and have just gotten back into it recently before the next crash we all seem to know is coming, so I think I've been pretty lucky. I just intend to buy cheap reader copies for now (to actually....gasp!...read!), and when prices become more realistic, maybe I'll delve into buying higher grade issues I really want. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

And me buying issues for vastly lower values, somehow equates to laying out SERIOUS cash, and sporting a gung ho attitude?

Did I miss something? Who said SERIOUS cash? I read a few people talking about doing the same thing you said you'd be doing. No one said- "I'll be buying books up with my life savings in order to make a mint with my get-rich-quick scheme." I know you see that person everywhere you look, but I didn't see him in this thread...

And, just so you know, I'd wager the gung-ho attitude is there at least partially to make fun of you and the melodramatic way you characterize the "great crash" as some Armageddon level event.

Now I'm really done.

And me buying issues for vastly lower values, somehow equates to laying out SERIOUS cash, sporting a gung ho attitude and putting on a "great news, can't wait for the crash" smiley face?

I will not enjoy what is to come, no more than I took pleasure in seeing poor guys carting their X-Force #1 cases to the local shop. To take pleasure in another's hardship is pretty sick.

What was that sign line you sported for a while about then? "I'm going to fiddle when the CGC market crashes and burns?" Was that it? It was something similar, that's for certain. That sure sounds like you're planning on enjoying it. Actually it's even worse, because you're planning on GLOATING about it.

That sure sounds like you're planning on enjoying it. Actually it's even worse, because you're planning on GLOATING about it.

Actually, that Sig was in joking response to all the gung-ho attitudes regarding the upcoming crash.

Now I'm really done.

You keep saying that....

I know but you keep saying stupid, hypocritical things and I can't help but point them out. If you'd just stop putting your foot in your big mouth for five minutes I'd be able to get on with my day.

That sure sounds like you're planning on enjoying it. Actually it's even worse, because you're planning on GLOATING about it.

Actually, that Sig was in joking response to all the gung-ho attitudes regarding the upcoming crash.

I don't believe you. As far as I've seen and as you've evidenced countless times, you're both mean-spirited and vindictive. I've also seen you gloat about being right- which isn't surprising since you're dangerously obsessed with always being right; so you gloating about this topic is really the more likely scenario to me.