• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STRANGE TALES #84

22 posts in this topic

Hey, my first picture in this forum. Picture seems a little big. Can anyone help me downsize it from photobucket? And also lets have some opinions on this grade. One of many from my vault of pre-hero books im going through. Thinking about slabbing it. Any thoughts?

Photobucket'>strange tales magneto

I would expect that to come back from Sarasota as an 8.0 or 8.5....due to multiple spine stresses....still, it's the nicest copy of that one I've seen.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The back cover has a small 3/16" tear on the top edge. There is also what appears to be a few smudges in the white area on the back. No smudging in the printed area but you can see them if you hold the book at an angle. No stains, foxing, ink or pencil marks.

DRX

I would expect that to come back from Sarasota as an 8.0 or 8.5....due to multiple spine stresses....still, it's the nicest copy of that one I've seen.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

(thumbs u leaning to the upside. :)

Maybe I'm way off, but there appears to be a lot of wear on the spine, especially around the lower staple and above, where there is some paper flaking just below the "M" in Magneto. Given that the rest of the cover looks great, I would say 6.5/7.0. But obviously I'm in the minority.

Maybe I'm way off, but there appears to be a lot of wear on the spine, especially around the lower staple and above, where there is some paper flaking just below the "M" in Magneto. Given that the rest of the cover looks great, I would say 6.5/7.0. But obviously I'm in the minority.

I think 6.5 is probably harsh - the large scan does magnify the imperfections. The book does have enough going on to keep it out of the 8.0/8.5 realm IMHO (multiple spine ticks, small corner bump, minor color flakes, staple hole wear) but still a very attractive copy. Eye appeal is a grading factor for me - so I went with 7.5.

I think the spine rub will keep it below 8.0 .

It should get at least a 7.0, most likely a 7.5 .

A 7.0/7.5 is defintely worth slabbing for this genre of book.

Also the book has really nice eye appeal and will look good in a slab !

Very nice book, good luck with it.

I'm with John on this one,the spine stress along with the lower left corner blunting will keep you out of the 7.5 area.IMHO 6.5/7.0 is on the mark.Very nice book,with great eye appeal for sure. (thumbs u

I'm with John on this one,the spine stress along with the lower left corner blunting will keep you out of the 7.5 area.IMHO 6.5/7.0 is on the mark.Very nice book,with great eye appeal for sure. (thumbs u

Back up the truck Oak and you too John . . . I'll take all the 6.5's you've got! :roflmao:

Back up the truck Oak and you too John . . . I'll take all the 6.5's you've got! :roflmao:

Stop by my place first. I'll have some beer and chicken wings ready... lol

Stop by my place first. I'll have some beer and chicken wings ready... lol

:popcorn::hi::popcorn: