• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow Just Wow

16 posts in this topic

Thought I would post here what our friend Divad said about SS in general and my selling practices. This was posted in the selling forum comment thread. This was in reply to me taking him to task for calling jonjesper dishonest with his selling practices.

Dear little man,

Don't get me started on the Intentionally-Defaced, Over-Priced, Printed Yesterday, Encased in Plastic Krap that you pawn off to the "collecting community" as somehow interesting or worthwhile.

:olol Jonjesper dishonest and you, little? I thought you were at least 5-10.

Thats a heck of a sentence. He manages to trash witnesses, moderns, CGC and my cousin (maybe) all in one breath.

Thought I would post here what our friend Divad said about SS in general and my selling practices. This was posted in the selling forum comment thread. This was in reply to me taking him to task for calling jonjesper dishonest with his selling practices.

Dear little man,

Don't get me started on the Intentionally-Defaced, Over-Priced, Printed Yesterday, Encased in Plastic Krap that you pawn off to the "collecting community" as somehow interesting or worthwhile.

That's worth posting in every forum . . . not just this one :roflmao:

Thats a heck of a sentence. He manages to trash witnesses, moderns, CGC and my cousin (maybe) all in one breath.

G,

I didn't call Jon dishonest - I merely pointed out to him that "FREE BOOKS!" was not an appropriate title for a sales thread.

-d

G,

I didn't call Jon dishonest - I merely pointed out to him that "FREE BOOKS!" was not an appropriate title for a sales thread.

-d

Funny here is the thread you posted it in and your post.

New Books! New Grades! No Freebies!

Ah . . . honesty IS the best policy :grin:

6 foot 1, Jon is the little one.

Who cares? You and Jon both need to realize that he likes the attention and stirring up spit. The more you keep it alive, the more he will keep going. There are a bunch of people (mostly old-schoolers) that have a really strong visceral and negative reaction to SS. That is fine; it is not for everyone. More for me says I. Plus David being vocal about not liking something is hardly going to affect the SS.

AC, you and Jon (and you too Charlie) have been involved in putting together some of the greatest yellow label books out there. Focus on the positive, not on David's rants.

Now, where can I find some mid-grade Silver Age Marvels . . . hm

Dear little man,

Anthony,

I got an ASM #1 NM-/NM that dying for a Stan Lee and Tobey McGuire double sig...

:baiting:

Having met Divad in person, my recommendation is to tell him he's an individual_without_enough_empathy, then sit down with him for a few beers and laugh about the whole thing.

Having met Divad in person, my recommendation is to tell him he's an individual_without_enough_empathy, then sit down with him for a few beers and laugh about the whole thing.

still pretty lame of dunbar to spew trash about SS, moderns AND slabs all in one sentence...i mean, this is the collector's society...it revolves around CGC slabs :shrug:

Different people collect and enjoy different things, that is the beauty of this hobby. Just because I don't like a part of the hobby does not mean that someone else can't enjoy it. As long as it keeps the comic industry strong then I say go for it.

Different people collect and enjoy different things, that is the beauty of this hobby. Just because I don't like a part of the hobby does not mean that someone else can't enjoy it. As long as it keeps the comic industry strong then I say go for it.

Some people even enjoy getting pedigreed books signed and slabbed :grin:

People who talk down about things so harshly generally have some sort of inferiority complex, or they wouldn't be so passionate about them. :D

Don't sweat it Anthony, you and Jon rock. I don't care what anyone says. :thumbsup:

Plus, Divad likes Marvels... kinda hard to trust the opinion of a zombie. :P

Some people even enjoy getting pedigreed books signed and slabbed :grin:

Hey if your gonna get something signed might as well be the best (thumbs u