• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think the ComicConnect Action #1 will sell for?

what will the GRAIL sell for?  

354 members have voted

1. 1. what will the GRAIL sell for?

349 posts in this topic

OK folks, now that we know more about the book:

CGC graded blue label, unrestored, cream to off-white pages, and FINE 6.0......

only thing left unknown is what it will sell for!

Detective27Kid's thread about the book had estimated auction values all over the place from quite a few Boardies, showing the rarity and "special opportunity" that the offering of this book brings to our marketplace. So, here are some options for you to choose from, and we'll see next month who got it right!

I'll go 1st.....chose $651,000+

73759.jpg.49d662c562da9dd966ada73701df2d00.jpg

If Metro can get more media coverage[[beyond the internet alone] and I dont see why that shouldnt happen.Even a little fish like myself gets newspaper articals all the time based on what i own,all I have to do is ask and prove it]]...i was in the papers just this week...Anyway, my point is with good media coverage,again not just the internet this book could fetch a max out of 750k....no media coverage and just the net....495k.......I truely believe in the power of advertising and free publicity is even better. In fact, the media is always looking for newsworthy events to include in their paper or in their daily broadcast. Want to max out the book.the time is now.right now , GO FOR IT!

Brian Singer[[director of the last superman movie] was interested in an unrestored Action 1 when the movie came out.Seinfeld is a Superman fan too.I beleieve steve geppi does not have an Unrestored copy...There are[just maybe] Big money people that could pop in here beyond the boards.[Maybe] ...Why media beyond comics is important to promote this.

was tempted to take the 250-250, but i played it safe and took the 350-450 just in case someone is betting on the regrade.

I just can't believe there were some boardies that chose the $150K to $250K range.

As for myself, I chose the $451K to $550K range since the it seems like forever since the last truly unrestored Action has come to a public auction (as opposed to a private sale) and the market has significantly taken an uptick since then. The PQ will hurt it a bit though and could keep the prices out of this range.

With the huge amount of A.F 15s out there...[[just cruising the internet I found 50 copies for sale within the last 60 days,and the staggering amounts there getting 40k,80k,125k,250k, I just cant see this book missing the mark on a great price.there is currently only 1 Action1 for sale and i think that 1 copy is for the last year or too.

With the huge amount of A.F 15s out there...[[just cruising the internet I found 50 copies for sale within the last 60 days,and the staggering amounts there getting 40k,80k,125k,250k, I just cant see this book missing the mark on a great price.there is currently only 1 Action1 for sale and i think that 1 copy is for the last year or too.

A1K;

As I have always said, true rarity of a book can be both a positive and a negative at the same time. hm

You have already presented the case for the positive. The negative is the overall lack of pror sales to reinforce market prices or trend on an unrestored book that hardly ever comes to market.

It's simply much easier to predict market prices when you have "hundreds" of previous sales to take into account as opposed to one highlight sale out of the blue every several years.

A1K;

As I have always said, true rarity of a book can be both a positive and a negative at the same time. hm

You have already presented the case for the positive. The negative is the overall lack of pror sales to reinforce market prices or trend on an unrestored book that hardly ever comes to market.

It's simply much easier to predict market prices when you have "hundreds" of previous sales to take into account as opposed to one highlight sale out of the blue every several years.

That hypothisis certainly didnt apply to MIle High books .[especially keys]

My meaning is that there are obviously some exceptions to that general rule.You have that here.

If there is a book that is going to buck the trend of[[lack of sales to determine

fruition of potential price] Certainly this is the book that can do it.Wouldnt you agree?

and it will.