• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Set your Ebay preferences to avoid deadbeat bidders

25 posts in this topic

It should be interesting,I changed from

Block bidders and buyers who have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 2 month(s)

to now

Block bidders and buyers who have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 month(s)

I went super-aggressive as well on the settings at first when I found this last year, but then backed off a little when I found out how many buyers I was blocking that really do pay. They just had a few bad spots with sellers.

I've only had two non-paying bidders afterwards, and oddly enough it was with $.99 books - never the high-end books.

Great info, thanks for sharing.

I have another non-related ebay question I thought I would throw out:

Can you block certain sellers from searches?

I like to search through original art, but would like to block sellers that continue to have ridiculous buy it now prices.

Thanks.

I think you can...somebody here was talking about blocking Showcase New England from their seaches...but I have no idea how.

Hope that this helped. :insane:

BTW, anyone know what sort of message or info is presented to a bidder when they attempt to bid and are blocked? Some sort of "sorry, loser!" message I would hope! :devil: But knowing ebay they probably make the seller out to be the bad guy. :tonofbricks:

Kiss my arse? (shrug)

It should be interesting,I changed from

Block bidders and buyers who have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 2 month(s)

to now

Block bidders and buyers who have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 month(s)

I went super-aggressive as well on the settings at first when I found this last year, but then backed off a little when I found out how many buyers I was blocking that really do pay. They just had a few bad spots with sellers.

I've only had two non-paying bidders afterwards, and oddly enough it was with $.99 books - never the high-end books.

That`s how it is in real life, rich people won`t think twice about paying $100 dollars,while not rich people will think twice about paying .99 cents.