• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very strange way to auction a slab....

29 posts in this topic

I wrote an asked him how I could know this wasnt a PLOD pulled out of its holder and re-labeled. This is what he wrote back:

PLOD = purple label. Here's a closeup of the radio weld of the front and back half of the well on the right side of the well: http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr337/Robotics223/wellseal.jpg .

If you notice, the weld extends all the way to the top of the well on the right side. This is acting as a security strip, the label fastened inside the weld. The well would have to be pulled apart on the right side to remove the label without damaging it. Some wells are not like this, the label missing the weld or not held very securely at all, and the labels easily removed. Others are radio-welded securely like this one, making removal without scuffing or creasing the label to leave the well intact, extremely difficult

:gossip: he would probably know

Yeah, that doesn't exactly sound like the answer of someone who has never given label switching a moment's thought. lol

I wrote an asked him how I could know this wasnt a PLOD pulled out of its holder and re-labeled. This is what he wrote back:

PLOD = purple label. Here's a closeup of the radio weld of the front and back half of the well on the right side of the well: http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr337/Robotics223/wellseal.jpg .

If you notice, the weld extends all the way to the top of the well on the right side. This is acting as a security strip, the label fastened inside the weld. The well would have to be pulled apart on the right side to remove the label without damaging it. Some wells are not like this, the label missing the weld or not held very securely at all, and the labels easily removed. Others are radio-welded securely like this one, making removal without scuffing or creasing the label to leave the well intact, extremely difficult

So in other words, he didn't answer the question. It's very likely he left the book inside the inner well and switched labels (if it is even legit).

Well, I was really looking for a nice IM #1 before prices skyrocket from the coming of movie #2. I still might bid, just not too sure. Here is what he wrote after seeing my post here:

In response to the CGC forum accusation that I "really didn't answer your question", I felt I did very clearly. The comic is securely welded into the well, and the right edge of the label is securely welded into the well.This is how it can be absolutely ascertained that the comic, the well, and the label are all as originally issued by CGC as one unit, all three belonging together, as the comic was originally slabbed when graded.

Of the 4 parts that comprise the original package, only the original slab is not there. That was very badly cracked in transit and discarded. The well, comic and label, all securely welded together as one unit were never sent back to CGC for a new slab.

I know the label is original and still firmly in place because I am able to clearly observe it with my eyes, not because I've tried to figure out how to secretly remove and replace labels.

Once again, I don't know how much clearer I can make this for the purposes of the forum, but in directly answering your question, You can be sure that this is not a switched label, a switched book, or a switched well if you accept my word. For those that refuse to accept my word for anything, The label, radio-welded into the seam on the right side should be sufficient to prove it's the original package, and of course a CGC resub for a slab will also prove that this is the20original package.

Perry :-)

Robo scares me because he doesn't get it that we are on to him. Check out this site..........Fraud is out of control in this country..............Imagine what is going on in our comic industry. The planted shills at the auction comic sites need to be looked at but no one has the resources to go after those guys let alone Robojo. We regulate and audit banks and public firms to death and they still commit fraud. Imagine the industries like ours that have no watchdogs but us.

http://www.nationmaster.com/red/country/us-united-states/cri-crime&all=1