• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very strange way to auction a slab....

29 posts in this topic

Hey grinder, Im more concerned that it has fourteen bids on it! And what happened to that Amazing Fantasy #15 for 22,500 go that was relisted on there again about a week ago. Did someone buy it? Anybody know? :screwy:

DRX

How easy is it to duplicate those inner wells?

Good question. I would imagine if you can duplicate a whole cover for a book, theres probably a way to replicate the well.

DRX

So is the CGC hologram sticker placed on the label or inside the outer case? That one is missing.

20pqxaq.jpg

it also says in his listing....

" The comic and label are perfectly sealed into the unblemished inner well"

It doesn't look like the label is sealed in the well hm

How easy is it to duplicate those inner wells?

The obvious concern over fraud here is with the label, not the inner well. Those of you who have cracked books out know that the label is not tethered in any way to the inner well. It lifts right out once the outer casing is removed. It would be a simple matter for someone to take the inner well of a PLOD and replace the label with one from another book.

I wrote an asked him how I could know this wasnt a PLOD pulled out of its holder and re-labeled. This is what he wrote back:

PLOD = purple label. Here's a closeup of the radio weld of the front and back half of the well on the right side of the well: http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr337/Robotics223/wellseal.jpg .

If you notice, the weld extends all the way to the top of the well on the right side. This is acting as a security strip, the label fastened inside the weld. The well would have to be pulled apart on the right side to remove the label without damaging it. Some wells are not like this, the label missing the weld or not held very securely at all, and the labels easily removed. Others are radio-welded securely like this one, making removal without scuffing or creasing the label to leave the well intact, extremely difficult

I wrote an asked him how I could know this wasnt a PLOD pulled out of its holder and re-labeled. This is what he wrote back:

PLOD = purple label. Here's a closeup of the radio weld of the front and back half of the well on the right side of the well: http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr337/Robotics223/wellseal.jpg .

If you notice, the weld extends all the way to the top of the well on the right side. This is acting as a security strip, the label fastened inside the weld. The well would have to be pulled apart on the right side to remove the label without damaging it. Some wells are not like this, the label missing the weld or not held very securely at all, and the labels easily removed. Others are radio-welded securely like this one, making removal without scuffing or creasing the label to leave the well intact, extremely difficult

:gossip: he would probably know