• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHOOOOOHOOO!!!

7 posts in this topic

After a year and a couple of months of getting back into collecting books and getting involved with slabs...I just rec'd grades back on my most recent submissions at the The National in NYC. And for the first time I got raw books graded 9.8!!!!

1. Truth: Red, White & Black #1 CGC 9.8 1st appearance of Isaiah Bradley

Nuff respect to Divad for the grading being spot on.

2. The Hood #1 CGC 9.8 1st appearance of The Hood (Parker Robbins).

I purchased this from surprisingly...Lone Star Comics...on...eBay. Yes...eBay! And it was listed as NM/M and came back exactly that!

:o

3. Iron Man #86 CGC 9.6 1st appearance of Blizzard.

This is a Harley Yee book purchased through his website. He had it listed as NM+ and, as usual, Harley is spot on.

:banana:

9.8's are much sweeter when they are home grown.

For someone that pretty much only buys slabs, you are absolutely correct!!! My poor grading skills early on and frustration of overgraded/misrepresented books actually led me down a path where I find myself buying slabs almost exclusively.

It actually was more economical (time and financially) to spend a premium on a slabbed 9.8 rather than searching and the trial and error of raw submissions.