• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Al Feldstein

10 posts in this topic

Does anybody know how much he charges for a convention commission? I contacted him, and Al told me he would accept a few commissions if he has the time over the weekend during the convention. I was just wondering how much he charges, so I better prepared.. Any info would be great

Thanks for the info.. Great little sketch too!! Since I contacted him prior, and he said he was looking forward to meeting me, I dont see why he wouldnt take a small commission (if he knows swamped).. I hope it wouldnt run too much more than what you paid

First thing you want to discuss with Al is your budget (or what you feel

comfortable spending). If you view his website, he's into Western landscape

paintings for $xx,xxx apiece. Although you are just asking for a pencil piece,

he'll have to adjust what he does dependent upon what you pay.

(Al isn't one of those artists that has a sign with sketch prices. He just does

them when he feels like doing them.)

John H.

From my experience, Al is not in any hurry to do sketches. It's not like he needs the money. And, he wasn't too interested in anything horror related. But if you get lucky and he likes you, you might score something. My pal bought a few of his prints and Al was in an especially good mood... I talked him into a quick horror sketch (his choice). He told me that he'd better not see it on eBay. I said that if he did, it meant that I was dead. :grin:

Feldstein Zombie

I think I gave $150-200 for a sketch very similar to the space scene above three to four years ago through the mail. He was very friendly in his emails. I told him I wanted a sci-fi piece but beyond that didn't specify much although we did talk about his cover to Weird Science #7 with the girl in a miniskirt and space helmet.

lol