• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK edition comics..>

4 posts in this topic

ok this is 4th time ive tried to post today but got stupid mobile connection at work!!!!

uk editions are cheaper as not many collectors value them as highly as us editions. they can be anything up to 70% lower than guide. so resale value will be lower.

they have 9d on cover instead of 12c and no month on cover. inside cover states: dist' by thorpe and proter sole dist' in the uk (or similar). they were printed at the same time and place as us editions and shipped over. some us editions made it over here and have T&P stamps on cover

some people dont mind them - i love them as they remind me of my childhood. there are plenty of posts in the Bronze forum talking about them.

DD1 9d copy is available on ebay uk i think. its quite often up there

neil

They've yet to be truly accepted in the American market, despite their relative scarcity, as many don't consider them to be authentic. Deals can be found on pence copies of nearly all key books, but reselling them at a later date may prove problematic...

Thanks for the info folks!! I actually think they are pretty cool myself..

With the extra money I have put into UK edition vinyl records,

this is great news for me,keep it coming!As for resale,hopefully i'll never need to!

thanks again

Jim