• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What GA book do you regret selling, the most???

55 posts in this topic

It sold on Comiclink in two days. :sorry:

yep, I bought it...then sold it, then rebought it, then sold it to silver surfer and before peter ever even got to hold the book, he listed it on clink, and I shipped the book right to clink for peter...

All of them... wish I still had every Golden Age book I've ever owned... But the one that stands out is my copy of Thun'da #1... have yet to find a decent replacement. Thought it would be easy to get a nicer copy... But, as soon as I sold it, they stopped popping up on eBay :(

Thunda1.jpg

It sold on Comiclink in two days. :sorry:

yep, I bought it...then sold it, then rebought it, then sold it to silver surfer and before peter ever even got to hold the book, he listed it on clink, and I shipped the book right to clink for peter...

And Rick you were awesome to deal with as always. (thumbs u I have sold a lot of nice books and it doesn't bother me too much but this one still stings.

Not as cool as some of the others posted here, but my favorite comic of all time. I love Batman and Christmas, so this merges the two. Sold it on eBay to a board member. I'll get it back soon, or at least another 9.2.

batman27o.jpg

9.2 :o Wow! I sold a 6.0 of that last year, and thought that one was pretty. But yours is jaw dropping.

You know, that doesn't make me feel any better. :(

Not as cool as some of the others posted here, but my favorite comic of all time. I love Batman and Christmas, so this merges the two. Sold it on eBay to a board member. I'll get it back soon, or at least another 9.2.

batman27o.jpg

9.2 :o Wow! I sold a 6.0 of that last year, and thought that one was pretty. But yours is jaw dropping.

:sorry:

:sorry:

Just bought this today, to tie me over till I can get another 9.2. Didn't want to invest much in a "filler copy" until then, so this presents well for a decent bargain.

Batman 27

GaryandSteve.jpg

Still own the Supes, but the All-Star was unique as was the Wonder Woman...

The more I have come to learn about comics collecting, the more I appreciate just how great role models people like moondog are for the hobby. Sharing everything we know is the best way to attract and welcome new fans, yet there are a number of influential oldtimers who seem to cling to information that they, for whatever reasons, won't share with the new generation of collectors. moondog has been absolutely fantastic by promoting and sharing every aspect of the history of ashcans with all of us, including how many copies of each book exist.

GaryandSteve.jpg

Still own the Supes, but the All-Star was unique as was the Wonder Woman...

Gary,you look alot like Dave Ramsey the financial adviser on fox news.

Good lookin guys too!

Ah, we were much younger back in those days! :makepoint:

I agree with you tb. Gary is a prince. But did you just call him and old timer?

lol

Well, I guess he is.

Old-timer doesn't sound so bad. That's why I'm staying out of General and just hanging out in these parts! They're mean over there!

I sold a 4.0 Subby #13 to Goldust. It was the first GA book I bought and actually kept for more than 20 minutes. I'd had it since the mid 1990's but he just had to have it. I figured I could pick up a better copy later. I've seen a total of 1 in the last four years and didn't have the money at the time. :frustrated:

I agree with you tb. Gary is a prince. But did you just call him and old timer?

lol

Well, I guess he is.

Old-timer doesn't sound so bad. That's why I'm staying out of General and just hanging out in these parts! They're mean over there!

You might want to change your avatar to reflect your status. How about Silver-Mane or The Colonel? lol