• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What GA book do you regret selling, the most???

55 posts in this topic

I had this book a couple years ago and passed it on to Big R's collection which I believe has now transferred to another's very enviable collection. I sold it 'cause I had decided at the time to concentrate my hobby pursuits on my other passion, vintage coins from the 1800's. Well, now that I've come back to my senses and am going full force on the funny books, I sure wish this book was still part of my stack. :( What book do you wish you still had on your stack? hm

I won't make that mistake again. Luckily this is just a hobby and all for fun and I've built the collection back up enough where I don't miss it as much, but still... :sorry:

det29.jpg

I used to own a gorgeous Superman #18. Sold it to Dave Smith eons ago to buy a Church action.

I bought an Exciting #39 raw 8.5 from Metro a few years ago. It came back a PLOD from CGC with a cleaned cover. I returned it to Metro, but should have kept it.

I used to own jiveturkeymofo's Thrilling #7. I sold it because I'd decided to focus on war covers, but again, should have held on to it. Great cover.

I had the Church copies of Action #33 and #46. Traded them to Dave Anderson for a pile of high grade GA DCs. A very fair trade, but I miss those books!

this one, but the one beneath has taken almost all the sting out of it. ricky's scanner somehow accentuates the colors of the twilight copy--in hand the two books are very similar looking in their colors and registration.

marvel1.jpg

KansasCity.jpg

this one, but the one beneath has taken almost all the sting out of it. ricky's scanner somehow accentuates the colors of the twilight copy--in hand the two books are very similar looking in their colors and registration.

marvel1.jpg

KansasCity.jpg

Hey Billy, if I were in your shoes the "sting" would be completely gone. An absolute coup of a pickup. Like Big R says on his thread... ^^

marvel1.jpg

KansasCity.jpg

Hey Billy, if I were in your shoes the "sting" would be completely gone. An absolute coup of a pickup. Like Big R says on his thread... ^^

thanks sir. yeah, i do feel pretty great about the grab. can't wait to get it, as i have to wait a couple weeks for a hand-delivery.

While I regret all the books being sold out from under me in my '80s collection, it is the Tec 28-30 mini-run I miss the most. Based on the quality and the restoration involved, I am pretty sure the #28 up on Heritage this month is the one, however there are a handful of 8.0 and 9.0 restored copies so I may be wrong. It matches my recollection of the work that we had done on it. It was purchased as about a VF but came back beautiful. My 29 looked nice - VG+ish - but had something done to the cover that made it very rough to the touch. The #30 was just a nice solid VG/F copy.

MyoldAction13CGC40-1.jpg

MM9Front-MyCopy.jpg

The Action, I'm over it, considering the grail I'm after is, IMO, head and shoulders above an Action 13....

The MM9 was more difficult to get over, but thanks to Parker, I was able to replace it with a 'better" 3.0 copy (thumbs u

If not for the collapse of the subprime mortgage industry, and correspondingly my livelihood, this sale would have never happened:

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=34&s=262&ai=64215&ssd=12%2F13%2F2007&sp=detective%20comics%20#29&sd=12/7/07&arch=y

Is that the same copy Metro currently has? Nice 5.0.

marvel1.jpg

KansasCity.jpg

I have seen your old copy, Billy, and it was the first MARVEL #1 I have ever seen. So if your new copy is half the book your old copy was, I'd say you're in good shape.

marvel1.jpg

KansasCity.jpg

thanks sir. yeah, i do feel pretty great about the grab. can't wait to get it, as i have to wait a couple weeks for a hand-delivery.

I think it's quite safe to say that it will be worth the wait. :cloud9: