• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Census shows one book but not the other?

5 posts in this topic

Let's assume CGC grades a week's worth of books. These books get graded and sent off. For this week's worth of books to appear on the CGC census, do they get updated:

• ...all at once?
  • ...or in batches?
  • ...or if a really rare book comes along, that book's census gets updated right away?

Now, on average, when does every book from this week appear on the census? I ask the above questions because of the situation below. Basically:

• Hulk#1 CGC 5.0 SS Stan Lee (2/24/2007) #0750604001 (exists on census, I sold it)
  • Hulk#1 CGC 5.0 SS Stan Lee (12/11/2008) #0982163002 (not on census, Listed here. )

However,

• Hulk#181 CGC 9.8 SS Stan Lee (12/11/2008) #0982156001 exists on the census.

Two books signed/submitted on the same date but only one is reflected on the census. (Now, I assume the Hulk1 and Hulk181 were graded relatively close to each other. Given that a Hulk#1 in 5.0 is a little more expensive than a Hulk#181 in 9.6, the assumption that they both went Express Tier is reasonable).

Any information would be greatly appreciated. :hi:

I would put this in the Ask CGC forum. I know they get put in in batches, but don't know why one book from Dec. 11 would be included and the other would not. Also, it seems they usually get them in within a few weeks, but I would love to have them give us a better understanding.

The census is updated around once a month. The census is updated with all books grades finalized, which has nothing to do with the day it was submitted as some books are express which is one week, others economy which is two months before finalized. I just looked by the census search it says January 13th. So that is the last time the did the update.

The census is updated around once a month. The census is updated with all books grades finalized, which has nothing to do with the day it was submitted as some books are express which is one week, others economy which is two months before finalized. I just looked by the census search it says January 13th. So that is the last time the did the update.

I do not disagree with you, sir. :) ...However, I think it's safe to assume to that both books went Express and were submitted together. So why is only one on the census, but the other is not? :shrug: