• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #29?

14 posts in this topic

Is this the interior for an Action Comics #29?

BC12-170.jpg

Additionally, I need some scans of the interior side of the covers for Action #29 (if this is the correct interior) & #25 for a cover recreation I am working on.

Please PM me if you can provide them. I am willing to work out some cover recreation work in trade.

Thanks.

and well drawn too! Can't be Shuster. Or is it just inked well? Anyone know the penciller and inker?

:o how dare you! "Can't be Shuster" I actually like his covers and splashes. And Shuster covers are really all I want from Superman stuff.... :mad: grrrrrrr

BC12-170.jpg

Additionally, I need some scans of the interior side of the covers for Action #29 (if this is the correct interior) & #25 for a cover recreation I am working on.

Please PM me if you can provide them. I am willing to work out some cover recreation work in trade.

Thanks.

Yes that is Action 29.

Same as one sold recently.

ac29.jpg

and well drawn too! Can't be Shuster. Or is it just inked well? Anyone know the penciller and inker?

:o how dare you! "Can't be Shuster" I actually like his covers and splashes. And Shuster covers are really all I want from Superman stuff.... :mad: grrrrrrr

I could have phrased it better, All I mean is that Shuster, while good, was loose especially at first. Everything looked sketchy and untrained. And, reading the Joanne Siegel lawsute files, I learned that DC was constantly complaining to Jerry Siegel that his artists was slow, unprofessional, sloppy, and made Lois too sexy! They kept threatening to replace him, or fire them if Jerry couldnt get their act together. True story.

So seeing this journeyman work reads to me as DC getting to protecting "their" property by bringing in artists so soon by issue 29.

I could have phrased it better, All I mean is that Shuster, while good, was loose especially at first. Everything looked sketchy and untrained. And, reading the Joanne Siegel lawsute files, I learned that DC was constantly complaining to Jerry Siegel that his artists was slow, unprofessional, sloppy, and made Lois too sexy! They kept threatening to replace him, or fire them if Jerry couldnt get their act together. True story.

So seeing this journeyman work reads to me as DC getting to protecting "their" property by bringing in artists so soon by issue 29.

Just joking dude, Some of Shusters covers were great and some so so that is no doubt. I think 1, 13, 17, 19, 20, 21, and 22 are great covers and 7 and 10 are alright.... as for the legal issues, its part of history now.

BC12-170.jpg

Thanks.

Yes that is Action 29.

Same as one sold recently.

ac29.jpg

I thought the strip was done by Jack Burnley for a while.

3290758728_398f3145dc_o.jpg

This should be an interesting game. Name the Superman artist? It should also be easy since the GCD has all of them listed. I think they started off looking like Shuster but then each artist's style became more apparent. Sorry for the limited selection. I only have a few issues below Action 30.

bb

Action 21

2319507584_b3be89fa12_b.jpg

Action 27

3290382475_4b7cfbcd07_o.jpg

Action 32

3290382575_70df2d8d1b_o.jpg

Action 34

3291200540_3b852ddc50_o.jpg

Action 36

3290382291_12656cfcf2_b.jpg

Action 40