• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 "Investments" of the 1990s - Looking Back

88 posts in this topic

ASM #161 – 1st Carnage.

I'm sure you mean #261.

I'm sure you mean 361 smile.gif

Yup...361 Dohhh... makepoint.gif

humm...Dohhhh...were there any Simpson Comics?

Anywho..Ill throw in Uncanny X-Men 350 and Wolverine 145 as long shots.

Long Term (and not variants)?

Marvels 1-4

Astro City Mini-Series

All last issues of Marvel Vol 1 titles...before they reverted...

Bone

And I know you'll laugh.....

The Clone Saga. I know it reviled in some quarters but for those youngsters that read it - in 15 or so years are going to get the nostalgia bug and look for these...

Short Term?

Any and all variants...

Man-Thing (the series that came and went in 2000). Movie hype and will probably be the hardest to find. With that said any 90s second-tier comic associated with a movie outside of Spidey and X-Men.

Jim

That’s the problem with the 90s. Many big events happened, but they were all undone a year or less later.

1. Superman died

2. Batman was broke

3. Aunt May died

4. Spidey was replaced and…uhh…I don’t know what happened. I couldn’t read anymore.

5. Every Marvel hero minus Spidey, Hulk and mutants died.

6. Wolverine lost his metal

7. Betty Banner died

And on and on and on…only to amount to zip.

late issue gladstone disney books are near impossible to track down now & have immense worldwide appeal. Most issues tend to run $12-$30 now, and demand seems to definately be picking up. Think about issues of uncle scrooge with print runs under 10,000....you KNOW there are more than 10,000 people in the world who want those.

Mcfarlane's Spiderman 1 Gold Newstand edition

Venom: The Lethal Protector 1 Black Foil variant

Danger Girl 1 Chromium "a-Go-Go" variant

Danger Girl 2 Smoking gun Cover variant with Ruby Red foil logo

Witchblade 1 Diamond Retailer Variant with Gold foil logo signed by Turner, Silvestri, and Christina Z

Hey Darth, what are the standard raw NM prices for these on Ebay?

TRUE NMs? I'm guessing RAW b/c you must have access to GPA data on these?

Mcfarlane's Spiderman 1 Gold Newstand edition - $150

Venom: The Lethal Protector 1 Black Foil variant - $150

Danger Girl 1 Chromium "a-Go-Go" variant - $75

Danger Girl 2 Smoking gun Cover variant with Ruby Red foil logo - $400

Witchblade 1 Diamond Retailer Variant with Gold foil logo signed by Turner, Silvestri, and Christina Z - $75

Maybe I'm out of touch?

by the way... i think cry for dawn #1 was from 89. 893naughty-thumb.gif

i think one book to watch is the (new) X-men #25. the removal of wolverines adamantium lays the groundwork for the bone claws and without those we would not have had many a cool cover nor "Origin" nor the all important "nabisco" variant!!

xcellent suggestion- I remember the x-men 25 variants (gold and b&W costing a decent penny - $50 - $75 in NM) I remember selling them for more in a slab.

Another xmen expensive var is the one with onslaught that came with a Marvel COA with a gold embossed X-men logo on it "Xmen 54"?

The Wolverine Nabisco is a tricky one. It seems that they are rare but one seller here in VA keeps leaking them out slowly calling them "NM/MT" when they are not 893frustrated.gif still it will fetch $75 - $125 in decent shape...

These are the top five that will rock 10 years from now.

X-men 25

Amazing spider-man 344

Spider-man 1 Platinum

Amazing Spider-man 361

Superman 75

Sweet... I have over 30 copies of four of those...

No more hard work for me... smile.gif

i don't know, there are WAY too many of those issues, i have passed up 20 copies of asm 361 for $20 at the last show i went too (The famous $1 show CHUD), they are everywhere. X-men 25 has a LITTLE bit of toughness compared to the other 3, PLatinum spidey may hold if people keep going for retailer variants. but other than the plat, i don't see how they can ever be worth more than $30 a piece. Now Wolverine 146, i believe can be REALLY pricey, or ASM v2#18-30, or hulk v2# 24, 25 because of numbers.

These are the top five that will rock 10 years from now.

X-men 25

Amazing spider-man 344

Spider-man 1 Platinum

Amazing Spider-man 361

Superman 75

With the exception of the Spider-Man 1, these books are WAY too available.

One example: My ex-girlfriend's father has multiple (10-20) copies of Superman 75. Those are the only comic books he owns. There are literally thousands of people like him.

Is carnage even a character anymore?