• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Desert Wind Challenge Thread

298 posts in this topic

I'm sure you all know the story about the Hulk 340 challenge between DesertWindComics (Chandler) and thecollector (Kris). At the party, ideas started to get thrown around for future challenges. Music star, movie stars, and reclusive creators all came up. So I thought, why not start a thread? This way Chandler can look over possible challenges from time to time and take one up every once in a while.

Kris seemed to already have one in mind involving KISS. Ares has recently brought one up in the Hulk 340 thread for his ASM 500. Let's put it in a format so it's easy to see!

THE CHALLENGE:

IF IT GETS DONE:

IF IT DOESN'T GET DONE:

Let's see if anyone has any interesting challenges!

THE CHALLENGE:

Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst on my ASM 500 5 sign book

IF IT GETS DONE:

Cash, Choice of OA in my collection. Something to be determined by Chandler

IF IT DOESN'T GET DONE:

One free Witnessing

THE CHALLENGE:

Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst on my ASM 500 5 sign book

IF IT GETS DONE:

Cash, Choice of OA in my collection. Something to be determined by Chandler

IF IT DOESN'T GET DONE:

One free Witnessing

Only one free witnessing?

I'd say maybe a like 5 free submissions to the show of your choice...something like that. Good start! There's some good incentive there.

THE CHALLENGE:

Ditko on my Hulk #6

IF IT GETS DONE:

IF IT DOESN'T GET DONE:

Chandler has to sing, "I'm a little teapot" on youtube.

OK Here is a challenge

The Iron Man # 1 Movie Poster Variant Cover Signed By Stan Lee and Larry Lieber (they created iron man), David Michelene and Bob Layton (they created James Rhodes), Denny O'neil and Luke Mcdonnel ( they created the Obediah Stane and the Iron Monger), Salvador Larroca and Matt Fraction (they wrote the issue), John Faverau (the director), Robert Downey Jr., Jeff Bridges, Tarence Howard, Gwyneth Paltrow, Leslie Bibb (Christine Everhart) and Samuel L. Jackson. This must be done by Signature series guidelines and must be done within one year.

IF IT GETS DONE: I will kiss you @ss again

IF IT DOESN"T GET DONE you have to give me the HULK 340 or the IRON MAN in it's unfinished form.

Lets see you get these 15 signatures on this impossible book.

THE CHALLENGE:

The cast of Rocky Horror Picture Show (Susan Sarandon, Meat Loaf, Barry Bostwick, Richard O'Brien, Patricia Quinn, Nell Campbell & Tim Curry)

Terms can be arranged. :whistle:

THE CHALLENGE:

The cast of Rocky Horror Picture Show (Susan Sarandon, Meat Loaf, Barry Bostwick, Richard O'Brien, Patricia Quinn, Nell Campbell & Tim Curry)

Terms can be arranged. :whistle:

On what book? :shrug:

I like Kris's challenge...it's like an upgraded version of the Hulk 340 challenge. Although SpideyFan is right, the incentive for completion needs to be stepped up a bit. I'm sure if you dig in your collection, you can find something he wants.

I'll let someone else throw out a Fallen son by Ditko, so I'll throw out another one!

THE CHALLENGE: Get Angelina Jolie to sign a copy of Wanted #1 Wizard Ace Edition. Along with the signature, she also must kiss the book and leave a visible kiss print on the book. Count it as a defect, I don't care!

IF IT GETS DONE: I fly Chandler and Sharon out to NYCC next year First Class, I take care of the shipping costs for their submissions, and I fund the inevitable party that ensues. I keep the finished book.

IF IT DOESN'T GET DONE: Chandler pulls some strings and I get the picture taken with Stan Lee that's been denied to me twice already this year.

Which incentive is too massive? If he gets it done or if he doesn't? Or are you saying the challenge is too outlandish?