• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Desert Wind Challenge Thread

298 posts in this topic

The way I see it, this doesn't have to be strictly 1 challenge per person. Put several out there and see if others can improve upon them!

The main challenge in this one will be obvious: The Dark Phoenix Saga (X-Men issues 129 - 138)...signed by Byrne, Austin & Claremont. This one is my personal SS grail run...if I ever were to obtain this, I could die a happy man! (But not right away, of course.. :grin: )

THE CHALLENGE: Getting Batman: The Dark Knight Returns signed by: Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Christian Bale, Frank Miller, and Klaus Janson. You have 1 year to get it done.

IF IT GETS DONE: I will give you $500, but I get the book of course. I also will pay for any expense that you had to go wayyyyyyyyy out of your way to get signed (i.e, going to Egypt on the set of Frank Miller's next failed movie to get a signature)

IF IT DOESN'T GET DONE: I get the uncompleted book as is (graded of course)and 5 free Stan Lee signatures, which I willl have to still pay for grading and shipping.

What do you think?!?

THE CHALLENGE: Getting Batman: The Dark Knight Returns signed by: Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Christian Bale, Frank Miller, and Klaus Janson. You have 1 year to get it done.

IF IT GETS DONE: I will give you $500, but I get the book of course. I also will pay for any expense that you had to go wayyyyyyyyy out of your way to get signed (i.e, going to Egypt on the set of Frank Miller's next failed movie to get a signature)

IF IT DOESN'T GET DONE: I get the uncompleted book as is (graded of course)and 5 free Stan Lee signatures, which I willl have to still pay for grading and shipping.

What do you think?!?

This one is crazy if its going to be like this you should give more than a year to get it done, could take a year just to get frank miller

What do you think?!?

If this challenge had been given to me a few years Back I could have done it. But I would charge way more than 500.00

THE CHALLENGE:

Jessica Alba on a Sin City book personalized to me "For my biggest fan, Danny" xoxo

IF IT GETS DONE:

$1,500

IF IT DOESN'T GET DONE:

The next show I see you at, you have to get all my books signed for me while I have fun at the show. Oh, and I want a couple of Stan Lee sigs on a handful of books at no charge.

What do you think?!?

This one sounds a little too lop-sided to me. It's too many hard-to-get signatures with too little incentive to complete. Most people wouldn't be able to drop everything to "go to Egypt". The uncompleted book with several of those people would likely be worth more than $500.

I'd say you've either got to pull back on the challenge or seriously increase the incentive. This strikes me as an easy 4-figure challenge. Your reward if it doesn't get done sounds reasonable.

THE CHALLENGE:

Jessica Alba on a Sin City book personalized to me "For my biggest fan, Danny" xoxo

IF IT GETS DONE:

$1,500

IF IT DOESN'T GET DONE:

The next show I see you at, you have to get all my books signed for me while I have fun at the show. Oh, and I want a couple of Stan Lee sigs on a handful of books at no charge.

I really like this one. It seems doable yet difficult, the reward is substantial enough to to be worthwhile complete, and it's a pretty creative incentive if it doesn't get done.

One of my favorites so far...

I agree definately i great one, make alba personalize it to you AND kiss it, the cgc ss label would say signed and kissed by Jessica Alba lol

Hey now, don't be stealin' my thunder!

so which would be worth more sin city kissed by alba or wanted kissed by angelina jolie?

The two of them kissing each other and a copy of "A Dame to Kill For" at the same time. (thumbs u

C

If I owned the book, we'd never find out what it was worth. I'd never sell it.

-Adam

THE CHALLENGE:

IF IT GETS DONE:

$1,500

IF IT DOESN'T GET DONE:

I really like this one. It seems doable yet difficult, the reward is substantial enough to to be worthwhile complete, and it's a pretty creative incentive if it doesn't get done.

One of my favorites so far...

:acclaim: