• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Detective Cover Day!!

14 posts in this topic

Yeah, the previous owner got it from an Illustration House auction, which is where I saw it but had missed it.

Oh, by the way, I need some framing advice on this piece. I want to take it to the framers ASAP because it's definitely a keeper but need to do some due diligence first, so figured I'd ask the braintrust. The cover has several logos/boxes covering up portions of the art, which I'm fine with, though let me tell you, it's kind of tempting to have them removed and display the art in all its glory. It also has the actual "Detective" word logo on an overlay.

I want to make sure I have this framed by someone experienced with comic art who can handle the overlay issue/alignment properly. Not sure if this is something a "regular" framer can handle, but who knows. I'm in NYC, if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks!

J

Thanks for the kind words all. I actually am going to replace the old overlay with a new one but need someone to do the deed for me. Any pros at this out there? Bonus points if you're in NYC or know of someone who is...

Basically the old overlay is a bit dirty and don't want to put a dirty pane over gorgeous art. It's just the word portion of the logo.

:wishluck:

I thought about it. I also thought about having all the logos removed since it's pure Golden goodness underneath, but in the end I think it's worth the effort to get the new overlay. It certainly completes the image, especially for display. Aint it funny they cut the bat logo on one side but not the other to accomodate the opening window?

golden.jpg

I say good call on completing the look with a new logo. Typically we buy this superhero comic stuff with a nostalgic eye and the logo certainly plays a part in that; especially in this case, with a whole bunch of paste-ups on the art.

I have an Iron Man cover which the logo, a paste-up, had fallen off and been lost. So I had a whole new paste-up made and stuck to the art. No overlays for me, no way!

Your Batman looks good without the title, but clearly something is wrong/missing. The title will complete it. Otherwise, it's peel of all of it.