• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Look what CGC just sent me.

8 posts in this topic

Is that the one you sold?

If so, you might have wanted to hold out for more, as that's a killer issue and of the much rarer newstand variety. Most high-grade copies are from those Whitman packs, but this one is much harder to find in 9.8.

Is that the one you sold?

If so, you might have wanted to hold out for more, as that's a killer issue and of the much rarer newstand variety. Most high-grade copies are from those Whitman packs, but this one is much harder to find in 9.8.

Can you tell that because of the bar code on the cover? I know I have some Star Wars bagged comics with just the white box so I will assume that it's the same with all of the bagged editions.

I've noticed some of the copies have a black diagonal line going through the UPC code, are those the Whitman copies you refer to?

Is $680 about right for this copy? That's 31 times guide.

Timely

I was collection Spider-mans about 10 years ago and bought this book of someone!?!? A dealer no doubt. I had most of them from 1-up. This is one of the few earlier ASM's I kept. I wish I kept the others, as they were in similar grades, but I sold the majority of them off 2 years ago raw. DUMB!

Timely

I've noticed some of the copies have a black diagonal line going through the UPC code, are those the Whitman copies you refer to?

Yep, though the 192 (and 193?) have a blank UPC, while the 194 has a line through it.

asm_whitman_pack.jpg