• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IF #14 in 9.8....nice $

24 posts in this topic

White Snow...

White Doom...

White Pages!

Awesome looking book even with the digcam pic! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Well, the book has a fairly noticable mis-cut and I have seen many nicer looking copies over the years. For me this is not a 9.8 book and doesn't even come close to justifying such a high price tag. insane.gif

That is a nice book with nice classic John Byrne art inside...I'm not sure who cares about Sabretooth any longer. I bet this was bought buy someone with lots of $ and that book was one of their favorites as a kid. I don't know if the future Iron Fist movie had much to do with it, but you never know.

This is what i don't understand.. makepoint.gif

how can a mediocre villian's first appearance be worth so much money ?? ! - and IF is a dead in the water anti-hero...true the guy that won it might be a Sabertooth fan and I know that Nextlevelmp paid alot for his 9.8, but not that amount...truly one for Ripley...

how can a mediocre villian's first appearance be worth so much money ??

I don't find Sabretooth to be mediocre; he's an incredibly good foe for Wolverine. Tyler Mane as Sabretooth sucked in the movie...his flop on the big screen alone has probably done more to hurt Sabretooth's rep over the last few years than the character as he has been portrayed in the comics. Sabretooth is a wise-cracking, loudmouth bad-arse whose powers really are very similar to but greater than Wolverine's in the comics...in the movie, he was a grunting insufficiently_thoughtful_person and no direct comparison was drawn between their powers by Bryan Singer. I don't really get why they played up the matchup between Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike in X-Men 2 but totally forgot to do that for Wolverine and Sabretooth in the original movie!!! foreheadslap.gifconfused.gif Yea, they fought in the film, but there was no buildup--they just kinda met up and I guess you were already supposed to understand the big feud between them, because Bryan Singer nor the screenwriter did anything to create one in the film.

I could be wrong, but Sabretooth might be second to only Venom in popularity amongst Marvel villains introduced in the modern age.

I might be hallucinating but I seem to remember a 9.8 listed under a BIN only of about 1200 maybe 6mo. ago or slightly more. This book sat through 3-4 trips on the Ebay block. So if my ever fading memory is correct, 893whatthe.gifflamed.gifforeheadslap.gifmakepoint.gifboo.gif I dunno, um er, brb gonna examine the bid history

15_4_101.gif

Back, looks pretty sold all4comics was in there till 1,800ish, yeesh. Its not the same book as I remember cause of the new label unless someoen resubbed a 9.8 which I highly doubt.

The sad thing about this auction is that in about 4-6 mo. someone else is gonna get one and post it with the caption, "a 9.8 copy sold on Ebay last time for 2300, I have set a reasonable reserve starting at 2400 makepoint.gif"

The caption should read "a 9.8 sold on Ebay to some insufficiently_thoughtful_person for 2300" are there any more dumbasses around who will go to $4000" But then again what do I know.

You are correct! It was relisted about 6 times with the final BIN price was $1050!!! I was gonna hit it, but that just put me off that it had been relisted so many times with no takers!

Sabre is one of my favorite foe of Wolverine, and maybe the Wolverine film may touch on that story a bit more? confused-smiley-013.gif

Sabre is one of my favorite foe of Wolverine, and maybe the Wolverine film may touch on that story a bit more?

This may well be the reason the book still seems to be generating interest. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Movie hype fueled speculation...? 893whatthe.gif

Great comic, I wish I had money to burn.

Iron Fist 14 will be a 7k book in CGC 9.8 in five years. Sabretooth is a BAD BOY who looks like a Rocker gone crazy. Appeals to all the punks out there and the chicks who like bad boys who wear leather pants.

Great comic, I wish I had money to burn.

Iron Fist 14 will be a 7k book in CGC 9.8 in five years. Sabretooth is a BAD BOY who looks like a Rocker gone crazy. Appeals to all the punks out there and the chicks who like bad boys who wear leather pants.

don't let JC hear you say that. blush.gifgossip.gif893whatthe.gif

To help put this auction in perspective, I checked gpanalysis...

Iron Fist #14 has sold 19 CGC 9.6 copies since June 2002. The average price paid was $589.94 and the MOST paid up till this point was only $900. Three were bought in Dec 2003 and the most paid at that point was only $790. The highest paid IF #14 9.6 came in Feb 2003 when it was purchased for $900.

Hmmm..shiller bidding or over-anxious buyer. You decide!

One additional point. The problem with GPanalysis is that those prices represent the past and a certain point in time . Ebay auctions (unless there is shilling) represent the new market price. Look what happened to Hulk 181. GP wasn't any help since prices changed hourly. It is a good tool but not a means to an end. I think the market is moving to fast to make decisions solely using GPanalysis. You can't go wrong investing/buying/speculating in this book.

Happy new year all.