• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IF #14 in 9.8....nice $

24 posts in this topic

Great comic, I wish I had money to burn.

Iron Fist 14 will be a 7k book in CGC 9.8 in five years. Sabretooth is a BAD BOY who looks like a Rocker gone crazy. Appeals to all the punks out there and the chicks who like bad boys who wear leather pants.

that's way aggressive - I can't help but doubt that even this ridiculous price will be 3.5x in 5 years. In fact, I would be surprised if this book realizes 2x that price in 9.8 in 5 years 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DAM

One additional point. The problem with GPanalysis is that those prices represent the past and a certain point in time . Ebay auctions (unless there is shilling) represent the new market price. Look what happened to Hulk 181. GP wasn't any help since prices changed hourly. It is a good tool but not a means to an end. I think the market is moving to fast to make decisions solely using GPanalysis. You can't go wrong investing/buying/speculating in this book.

Happy new year all.

JD - I'm sorry and I don't mean to pick on you, but I can't agree with your last statement. This book can't be a sure fire thing. I am always hesitant to invest in books that feature a villian with no real hero (sorry, Iron who?) and that are relatively common. Plus, I think that the movie hype is over on this one - I can't see anything cool being done with Sabretooth in a X-movie and if there is a Wolverine movie it would be a big mistake not to do something more along the Weapon X storyline which truly rocked vs. a all out battle of W vs. S

DAM

jduran, great point. Market and associated conditions are indeed changing, but gpanalysis is a great tool. At least before I put a bid up I'll know if I am at least "in the ballpark" of other similarly graded CGC issues. IMO, this person "overpaid"--but then again I've overpaid for issues I really wanted too.

Iron Fist 14 will be a 7k book in CGC 9.8 in five years. Sabretooth is a BAD BOY who looks like a Rocker gone crazy. Appeals to all the punks out there and the chicks who like bad boys who wear leather pants.

And how many punks do you know with 7k to spend on a comic book? insane.gifgrin.gif