• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Russ Heath Atlas War Covers!!

80 posts in this topic

One of his earliest. This one always sticks out to me because I think ir's a fairly realistic representation of what the Korean war was from the US perspective. The US military was ill-equipped early on, especially to fight a war in a mountainous country with little infrastructure against a guerrilla foe.

75021.jpg.a4767acf1b48cbd3fc061c174d78c64c.jpg

That's a much looser style than Heath usually employs but, as always, results in a very dramatic drawing.

I don't think I've posted this one.

BattleAction14-1.jpg

including this fave of mine

Mine, too!!! :applause:

:bump:

Got some low grade Heath books in the mail. More tape than I anticipated but I really wanted the Battlefield # 2 for the Atrocity Story and the War # 25 fills two holes: it's Heath and it's an issue of War Comics. In fact, I don't recall seeing that cover very often ... probably b/c it's not one of the better Heath Atlas War covers, I guess.

78903.jpg.cc5b3e5bd74523b47008a1c82ff52fdc.jpg

78904.jpg.4af5dd3dc6771776435b5f26a73ccc0f.jpg

Got some low grade Heath books in the mail. More tape than I anticipated but I really wanted the Battlefield # 2 for the Atrocity Story and the War # 25 fills two holes: it's Heath and it's an issue of War Comics. In fact, I don't recall seeing that cover very often ... probably b/c it's not one of the better Heath Atlas War covers, I guess.

Atrocity is one of the classics of that whole Atlas run. Just a great story. :cloud9:

(not sure if I posted my copy... )

78910.jpg.59f9241dc4e5f8cfd23a5ed4990f026e.jpg

I actually like the War 25 cover. Heath does such a great job drawing the soldiers and the composition nicely positions all them in an action scene.