• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OA rookie question

25 posts in this topic

Alot of great advice.Thanks to everyone that resonded.

I do have on a few more questions though- I need to buy a new scanner and was wondering ---How do you guys get scans of the 11x 17 pages ?What scaners are the best for this?

Alot of great advice.Thanks to everyone that resonded.

I do have on a few more questions though- I need to buy a new scanner and was wondering ---How do you guys get scans of the 11x 17 pages ?What scaners are the best for this?

Well, I use a Mustek ScanExpress A3, myself. I've been using it for over two years and after almost 1300 scans, it has yet to let me down. So, I certainly think it would probably fit the bill for you. :)

Heh - I have one page of published OA (a Superman annual from the 90's, I think, and there is only the dinosaur-demon-like bad guys on it) and I had to scan half the thing at a time.

:blush:

-slym

Yeah, I've seen that done. Some guys are really good at it, while others... well... let us just say they aren't. :whistle:

That's why I got the Mustek. I didn't want to fool around with lining up two halfs all the time. Of course, if I got a double page spread type of piece, I'd have to deal with it, but those types of things are usually priced outside of my monetary range anyhow. lol